Author Topic: Bothwellhaugh  (Read 14719 times)

Offline Karl Craig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bothwellhaugh
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 05:34 BST (UK) »
I visited Lithuania in September last year (2016), and managed to see the farm (Sakalupis) and parish church (Vladislavov, now Kudirkos Naumiestis) where my family lived. It was a fantastic experience. As a boy, I never thought I'd ever know anything about my Lithuanian forbears, so it pays to keep trying!  :)

Let's hope we can connect our Simanavičius families.

I did some searching in Scotland's People for my family names in the hope that brothers and cousins had also migrated to Scotland. Of course, spellings can vary enormously, and many changed their names to English ones (e.g. many in my 'Zinkevičius' family adopted the name 'Fletcher'). I think I did find ones that might have been 'Simanavičius', but discounted them at the time. Might look again.

1. CRAIG – Littlejohn, Norwood; BROWN – Pinkerton, Wyllie.
2. McKAY – Brown, McMeekin, Flynn; ŠUGŽDA – Melnikaitis, Klimaitė, Vidrinskas & Zinkevičius.
3. SCHRODER – Kumm, Kluth, Metzker; EDWARDS – Finch, Shorter, Wright.
4. GALT – Barr, McColl, Littlejohn; FERGUSON – McKerrow, Hardman.

Offline bighaich59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi There is a Page on Facebook & it is called Bothwellhaugh, it is free to join. Just click "Join" & ask to join group.

Harry.
Machon, Mahon, McMahon, McGraw, Mulgrew, Devlin,Flood, Gallacher,Smith,Collins, Queen, Diamond, Donnelly, Brady, Davidson, Kerr, Barles, Hume, McLintock, Carroll, Leslie, & Weir. Areas covered are Scotland, Ireland, northumberland.

Online Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 21 April 18 22:51 BST (UK) »
Just noticed a post on the Bothwellhaugh Facebook page which may be of interest to HeatherWalsh.
It is an extract from St. Brides parish magazine with notifications of marriages. One of the marriages is a David Hindman of 14 Roman Place marrying a Jane Anderson of 5 Haugh Place on the 9th July but does not state what year.

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 15:40 BST (UK) »
Just noticed a post on the Bothwellhaugh Facebook page which may be of interest to HeatherWalsh.
It is an extract from St. Brides parish magazine with notifications of marriages. One of the marriages is a David Hindman of 14 Roman Place marrying a Jane Anderson of 5 Haugh Place on the 9th July but does not state what year.

From SP the year was 1948

Offline heatherwalsh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 12 August 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
thank you