Author Topic: RADFORD of Devon  (Read 7845 times)

Offline terryradford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RADFORD of Devon
« on: Monday 07 March 11 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi All.

I have a very comprehensive familly tree "authenticated" of the Radfords of Derbyshire and North Warwickshire back to 1570. I also have a lot of informtion on the Cambridge branch of the Radfords but cannot fit it in.
I'm very interested in the Devon Radfords prior to 1450 since I have information that a male Radford left Devon to go to Smalley Hall, Derbyshire  in 1350. This still leaves me with a 200 year gap in Derbyshire!!
I've got as far as Sir Nicholas Radford( devon)  (foully murdered !!) and his Father Robert both died first half of 15th century.
Can anyone help????? Terry Radford 07785 708 768

Offline Guy Radford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RADFORD of Devon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 11 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry,

Not sure whether I can help, but I am trying to link the Devon Radfords to the Derbyshire Radfords.

I have managed to trace the Radfords back to John Radford (1614 - 1687) married to a Grace Parker, living in Smalley. John died at Stainsbury House in Horsley Woodhouse.

I would be very interested to see the information that you have on the male Radford that left Devon to go to Smalley Hall, Derbyshire in 1350, as I think this may be the link I am looking for.

Thanks for the help in advance

Guy Radford

Offline terryradford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 July 11 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Guy,

I'll respond to your message next Tuesday. We have a complete family tree going back to Thurstan Radford,1575 in Crotch.Derby's

I'll email you a copy

good to find another Radford!!!!!!!1

Terry 07785 708 768

Offline Guy Radford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 July 11 20:11 BST (UK) »
Will send you a PM

Hi Terry,

Many thanks that would be great.

E-mail is (*)

Cheers

Guy

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline daveradford59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 July 13 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry, I have Radford's in Nottinghamshire + Derbyshire, mine are mostly Notts though, they migrated from Uffculme in Devonshire I am a direct descendant of Robert Radford born c1650 in Uffculme he married a Rebecca ( Rebekah ) Dulin also born c1650 in Uffculme, I haven't got access to my tree records we have guests staying with us and cannot get on my computer, my wife's computer has tonight come in very handy, you are the first Radford researcher I have found on Roots Chat, and this is only the 2nd time I have used Roots Chat.I have been trawling through the 30 odd pages on this Devon board in the hope of finding another Radford, and here you are. Its possible that our trees might merge some where back as I recall seeing listings of Thurston Radford and have also seen information of a lady cannot remember her first name, last name Thurston on the inside walls of Lincoln Cathedral. Ive taken note of your mobile number and will text you my email address. Regards Dave Radford

Offline terryradford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 July 13 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry, I have Radford's in Nottinghamshire + Derbyshire, mine are mostly Notts though, they migrated from Uffculme in Devonshire I am a direct descendant of Robert Radford born c1650 in Uffculme he married a Rebecca ( Rebekah ) Dulin also born c1650 in Uffculme, I haven't got access to my tree records we have guests staying with us and cannot get on my computer, my wife's computer has tonight come in very handy, you are the first Radford researcher I have found on Roots Chat, and this is only the 2nd time I have used Roots Chat.I have been trawling through the 30 odd pages on this Devon board in the hope of finding another Radford, and here you are. Its possible that our trees might merge some where back as I recall seeing listings of Thurston Radford and have also seen information of a lady cannot remember her first name, last name Thurston on the inside walls of Lincoln Cathedral. Ive taken note of your mobile number and will text you my email address. Regards Dave Radford

Offline terryradford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 July 13 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi David,
Most interested in the Notts connection
Almost all my verified data is on the Crichparish web site
My current research is into Radfords 1306 - 1500 in Lincs, Notts and Derby, so we should talk
Mobile 07785 708 768, land line 01905 841 712
Look forward to hearing from you
Terry (Radford)

Offline sradford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 March 14 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi both - is this thread still going? I've got a lot of Radfords around Barnstaple in Devon and would love to see if they link back to the famous Nicholas.  Have also wondered about the link to Derbys/Notts for years.

Offline krisradford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello! I am a Radford and would like to know if you would share your research? If so, please let me know of how I can view it. I am in the US so I may have information you need? If so, I would be happy to share as well.

Kris Radford Workman