Author Topic: Donegeal Beattie  (Read 9044 times)

Offline edenreaghbeg

• RootsChat Member
  • we don't find ancestors... they find us
    • View Profile
Re: Donegeal Beattie
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 May 11 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi heath
I am familiar with a family called Beattie who were living in Moville Co Donegal who were Presbyterians
and they were well known boat builders in that area.
see link to them in 1901 census
I am still in touch with a few of their living relatives who now reside in the Derry/londonderry area

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Donegal/Moville/River_Row/1186089/
and 1911 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Donegal/Moville/River_Row/496255/
McGill/Somers/McIvor in Co Derry.
Lynch Co Dublin
Morgan / Ross / Curoe/Roberts in Co Down

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 May 11 05:33 BST (UK) »
 :)Thanks Duncruson
George and Margaret left Donegal circa 1846 and lived in Livingstone West Lothian.  George was a Labourer in all the census. I note that there are a number of Bettie's living in Donegal in both census.
are you able to site the marriage in 1839 or the birth of any chn Joseph circa 1841, William circa 1843 or  George circa 1846? that would then tell me the parish area they were from. Is your contact able to email me as to find out were there is still living relatives in Ireland, most of the extend family came down under to Australia were they are well known(Queensland) or NZ.

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 June 11 09:39 BST (UK) »
there is a person - atco10w which I can't seam to contact through the pm's interested in theis person.

would they please read this.  ;)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 June 11 10:14 BST (UK) »
atco10w hasn't made any posts yet so they can't be contacted by PM (new members usually need 3 posts to use Personal Message system)- they joined on 25/5/11 and were only online for a short while.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=155214
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 31 July 11 08:43 BST (UK) »
To  Duncruson
I took the plunge and went through Roots Ireland to get the marriage that was there. As both George and Margaret Nesbet came up together.  I find that the church was St Johnson Raphoe.  Althought the Father's name is not the same as the name on his death cert, Margaret's father's is.  Mothers were not mentioned.  So if you have contacts with Beatties from that area I would be glad to here from you or anyone else for that matter.

Offline Michael Iola Ross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Great grandfather, was Archie Beattie ,born in Boston Mass before his family brought him back to Moviĺe  a one time boat builders and harbour master in Moville.. in his final few years he lived with a daughter I believe Nancy in Londonderry. His eldest Sarah married a James Ross and moved to Glasgow, Dorothy ended in Wolverhampton, Walter his youngest went to Leicester became a jeweler divorced and moved to the north.More of his children remained in Moville, Greencastle or Derry, Willie being one and I believe a Thomas plus another daughter. Sarah and Jim  my grandparents moved south to Birmingham. Their there surviving kids went on to have their own families born in Glasgow, Birmingham, Worcester, South  Africa, Tasmania, Lima, up in the Andes , and the youngest Sarah in Honduras

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 15:48 BST (UK) »

Offline Michael Iola Ross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 17:29 BST (UK) »
Yes that would be right Archie was 28 in 1901, I think he died around 1970. I honestly cannot remember how many children he had Sarah my grandmother being the eldest passed in 2004, she also was coming up to her 100th birthday. Thanks for the link to the census I'd been searching for ages :)

Offline Nicbeattiewoods

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 December 22 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi trying to contact the original post .. Edenreaghbeg.

I’m from Scotland, my grandads family were Beattie’s boats before it got taken over, there also used to be a wee joke that went around. 

Im trying to find out more I also know names etc. just not for this public I don’t know how to reply or work this .. so any help is much appreciated