Author Topic: brechin cemetery  (Read 3525 times)

Offline smcb

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
brechin cemetery
« on: Friday 11 March 11 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wondered if someone had the time could they possibly take a digital photo of a gravestone for me??  The gravestone Im looking for is William Mcbay died 26 May 1898 I believe there may be 2 other burials in the grave.  His wife was Jean Smith but she may be buried as Jane Mcbay and she died 23 Dec 1886. I found the info on deceased online angus and the grave is in Brechin Cemetery. Many thanks.

kind regards
Suzie
Campbell:  Lanarkshire
Gibb: Lanarkshire
Mcgregor: Perthshire
Robertson: Perthshire
Stewart:  Perthshire
Melville: Lanarkshire and Kirkcaldy
Burrell: Kinghorn and Edinburgh

Offline amberdog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: brechin cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 September 16 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzie, what information did you get via Deceased Online? I could photo grave if you know what section it is in. Regards Maria

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 January 17 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Also have you searched Find A Grave

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 February 17 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I have looked in Find a Grave and there is a grave but no photo of a headstone for McBay William 1898 Brechin Cemetery Angus Scotland
You can join free and request a photo if you want I did this and was sent a photo
of the cemetery but there was no headstone for my relative
Elizababeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline NicD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 February 17 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I found a couple of family deaths listed in Brechin cemetery on Findagrave, one in 1917 one in 1931. I know them both to be extremely poor, the earlier death says Brechin Almshouse, the later one 5 Infirmary St which I believe are one and the same place. It occured to me that their details had been transcribed from cemetery records but that they had likely been buried by the parish and had no headstones?
Logie, Lawrie, Davidson, Noble, Ross, Simpson, Fyffe, Moon, Setton/Seaton, Brough

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 February 17 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Smcb
 Hasn't come back to this site so maybe managed to find what she wanted
Elizabeth

Offline NicD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 February 17 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Hadn't spotted the original post was so old!
Logie, Lawrie, Davidson, Noble, Ross, Simpson, Fyffe, Moon, Setton/Seaton, Brough

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 February 17 11:49 GMT (UK) »
I asked for a photo of Helen Milne Howie's headstone
and after some time this was the photo I was sent
Hope its a little help to you
Elizabeth