Author Topic: Llanfrynach Parish Records  (Read 3066 times)

Offline DAVID WALTERS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llanfrynach Parish Records
« on: Friday 11 March 11 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me? Does anyone know if the LLanfrynach Church parish records are on line (St Brynach, Llanfrynach)? Would like to view the births, deaths etc of the Walters family around 1880 to 1940, many buried there, so most  birth and marriages may be at the same church.

If not on line, can one buy these records on CD, and where from do you buy them. Never had to deal with parish records before.
I mainly use ancestry for my records, as I live outside of Wales at this time.

Thank you.
Wales.
Walters, James, Evans, Tebbutt, Bartle.

Offline Kayzee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Llanfrynach Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 22:07 GMT (UK) »
I don't think they are on-line or on CD, but you can check by contacting Powys Family History Society, google will give you a contact number. The parish registers are held at Powys Archives in Llandrindod Wells  & if you google Genuki Llanfrynach, you will find a link for them.
     A day trip to Llandrindod should mean you find out all you need, as I doubt the registers would be huge.
Alsop/allsop,Debanks,Pidock, Nevill, Milward,Loxley,Holmes,Wall,Garton,Lowe,Shepherd,Lintott

Offline DAVID WALTERS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Llanfrynach Parish Records
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help. I have e-mailed them this morning for their opening hours. Looks like a trip into Wales in the future. The records are on microfilm (boring). I love sitting in a armchair with my laptop. But don't get me wrong, I have been to Llanfrynach twice, and do some leg work when needed. But this will be my first look at parish records, to put meat on my bones.

David
Wales.
Walters, James, Evans, Tebbutt, Bartle.