Author Topic: William CARR  (Read 17920 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: William CARR
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 12 February 12 07:29 GMT (UK) »
My great great Uncle was a timber cutter and a droving captain from Longreach to Bourke and down to Hay and to Victoria and to Sth Aust.  from 1869 until he retired when WWI saw many of his plant enlist.  All his sons were reknown  for their slaughtering and tanning skills. Several were also excelling at shearing.  I have photos of Rockhampton from c1875 with him and his growing family.  Most of his details are in his diaries and plant tallies on their upto 14 month droving return journeys. 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 12 February 12 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter

I have noticed you have been online since my recent posts ... May  ask for your comments please ...  It will be kind of you to attend to that small task and so let anyone reading your current threads re the larger saga know where you are at ...so that they can help you further...

Cheers JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline pwh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 12 February 12 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Jm
 iI was looking on the Trove site and have just seen your post. Given the twists and turns of this whole saga what yoiu are saying could be right . i will look at them carefully and get back to you
                                                                                    Thanks
                                                                                                 Peter

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 04:36 GMT (UK) »
hi

Who is this William Carr?

http://www.cqhistory.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/Events/Ship-TheBeejapore

Muss

I wonder if any consideration has been given to an alternative spelling for CARR ....  I wonder if William and Mary may have had children in Queensland.   For example, on the QLD online BDM index, there’s a birth registered for a William CARR in 1863  I think you will find this birth occurred on 9 August 1863 and is referenced C1013.  From the link that Muss provided, the ship Beejapore arrived at Keppel Bay on 25 June 1863.   

That 9 August 1863 indexed on line gives the parents as William CARR and Mary REDMON.   There is a later birth registered in 1866 that is also of interest.  The mother’s name is Mary REDMON, the father’s name is William.  The surname is indexed as KERR, which if spoken aloud is akin to CARR.  That birth ref is C1821. 

Qld BDM certificates are quite informative, and should show the place of birth and often show the midwife’s name.

https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/BirIndexQry.m

And a tip from their website

" 30/6/2010 Update - In response to much feedback, the Wild Card searching functionality is now available on this historical index searching facility. The Wild Card search character to use is '*'."

Cheers,  JM

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 05:58 GMT (UK) »
I can't add attachments to the Keeling thread at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,579751.new.html#new
so I've had to add it to this one

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 06:13 GMT (UK) »
Well I think that confirms that Joseph KEELING and Joseph Rose KEELING are one and the same  ;D

Cheers,  JM

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • today is the beginning of the future of yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Agree wholeheartedly. No doubt at all. It would be interesting to find out what became of Joseph the second..!

Jon
AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Agree wholeheartedly. No doubt at all. It would be interesting to find out what became of Joseph the second..!

Jon

Yes, Jon, very interesting ......  as I cannot find him in NSW after his failure to obtain a divorce from Euphemia in 1898.   I wonder if Peter's current Aust. thread re Jane Keeling and Son should be updated with references to David's good work on the Bedfordshire thread?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,580149.0.html

Cheers,  JM 

Offline pwh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 01:20 GMT (UK) »
jm,
    I do have Ann Norah Harts dc.It shows her parents as Robert Gates and Bridget Bolin.
It confirms the first marriage to Edward Green in Rockhampton in 1868, and the second
marriage to Henry Hart , also in Rockhampton the following year.. It says she had six
surviving  children from the second marriage,
                                               Joel Benjamin  62
                                                Alfred Usher   58
                                              William  Henry  54
                                               Edward  Nathan  50
                                                 Henry christofer  48
                                                 Magaret  Isabel   48
But it goes on to say that she had a deceased daughter from the first marriage. That would
be Ann Sabina Lawson(Green) who died 4/9/1921 in Rockhampton aged 52.Then it says
that there were nine deceased sons and one deceased daughter from the marriage to
Henry Hart. The deceased daughter would have to be Amy Cumerford(Hart), who was left
five shillings in the will.It appears she was a madam in Sydney, dying there shortly before
Anns death. Another son Robert Francis who died 30/10/1931 of spyhilis was also left
five shillings. Since the will is dated 27/4/1931, the deaths of those other  children
would have to  have occured before then. Not all of the alledged 17 children have been
documented. The only thing that might account for them is that they were stillborn or
died in infancy.
                                                                  Peter