Author Topic: Patrick & Margaret Broome  (Read 10197 times)

Offline Rowland5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick & Margaret Broome
« on: Sunday 13 March 11 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I'm trying to trace my Irish side of my family and hope that someone can help me.
My G/mother was theresa O'shea from Tralee. i think her family lived in Abbey St. Tralee.
Her parents were Daniel and Margaret and in 1901 census appears to have 5? siblings.
Theresa married Joseph Edward Broome in Dover England but returned to Tralee after my father Patrick was born in 1927.
I think Margaret Broome (my aunt) married John Jo O'Neil and they adopted 2 little German girls before having children of their own.
Any tips would be helpful
Theresa Brand (ne Broome)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick & Margaret Broome
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 March 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the Irish Civil Registration Index  for BMD's at www.familysearch.org. It is showing only two entries for Broome.
Marriage registration of Margaret Broome Tralee Registration district
Year 1949 Quarter Oct Dec Vol 5 page 295 and there is a match of the same references for a John J Landers.
Also a birth registration for a Veronica Landers 1955 Tralee district Vol 15 page 460 Mother's surname Broome.
You can get the application form to order the certs (photocopies cost less and give the same information) online at groireland ie now http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/General-Register-Office.aspx edited 2015
Hope this is of use
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 March 11 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - should have said only two entries for Broome in Kerry and the correct link is pilot family search (this website no longer exists 2015)

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline Rowland5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 March 11 21:44 GMT (UK) »
thankyou so much Annclare for this information. I will certainly follow this up and let you know of the outcome.It sounds very promising.
Regards
Theresa

Offline kerrygirl

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 July 11 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi - I'm trying to trace my Irish side of my family and hope that someone can help me.
My G/mother was theresa O'shea from Tralee. i think her family lived in Abbey St. Tralee.
Her parents were Daniel and Margaret and in 1901 census appears to have 5? siblings.
Theresa married Joseph Edward Broome in Dover England but returned to Tralee after my father Patrick was born in 1927.
I think Margaret Broome (my aunt) married John Jo O'Neil and they adopted 2 little German girls before having children of their own.
Any tips would be helpful
Theresa Brand (ne Broome)

Hi Theresa,
I came across your post while doing a google search on my grandmother's family in Kerry, Ireland. It seems that we may be researching the same family tree. Patrick Broome was my mother's uncle and I have seen a photo of him with  my grandmother. This Patrick Broome was born in Dover, Kent in 1923 and moved shortly after to Kerry with his mother and sister, when he was around four years old. If you are interested in comparing research, I would love to hear from you. My email is *. It would be great if we were researching the same branch. I presently live in california but I have lots of info if indeed we are looking at the same branch. Best regards, Lisa

Offline kerrygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 July 11 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Theresa,
I came across your post while doing a google search on my grandmother's family in Kerry, Ireland. It seems that we may be researching the same family tree. Patrick Broome was my mother's uncle and I have seen a photo of him with  my grandmother. This Patrick Broome was born in Dover, Kent in 1923 and moved shortly after to Kerry with his mother and sister, when he was around four years old. If you are interested in comparing research, I would love to hear from you. My email is (*). It would be great if we were researching the same branch. I presently live in california but I have lots of info if indeed we are looking at the same branch. Best regards, Lisa

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Rowland5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 July 11 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerrygirl
This sounds very much like my father and aunty Margaret. I was named after her and my Grandmother Theresa.
My father was killed in an accident in 1959 aged 35 leaving my Mum a young widow with me (age 11) and my brother Terence who was 5.
I dont know for sure who my Grandmother's (Theresa) parents were so it would be great if you could confirm. Irish ancestry is quite hard to research so I am quite excited to hear what you know.
Did aunty Margaret adopt a German girl Maria? then had a daughter called Veronica Ann?are you Veronica's  daughter? Margaret married John Joseph Landers who was a van salesman
I now live in Northumberland UK
would love to see the photo
kind regards
Theresa

Offline kerrygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 August 11 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Theresa!
I was delighted to get your response! Yes I am Veronica's daughter. I have lots of info for you. Would you mind emailing me privately at (*) and I can fill in lots of blanks for you. I can also email you some docs that will help you.
Best,
Lisa

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Offline Rowland5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 August 11 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa
Have tried emailing you at (*). but with no success.
My email is (*)
Would love to be in touch and have the gaps filled in.
Best wishes
theresa

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.