Author Topic: Burials or MIs - St Cynfarch’s Church, Hope, Flintshire  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Romgen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Burials or MIs - St Cynfarch’s Church, Hope, Flintshire
« on: Wednesday 16 March 11 09:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for records relating to the following who, in 1851, lived at Hope Cottage, Hope, Flintshire. Hope Cottage appears to be just across the road from the village church. I'm wondering if Thomas NURSAW or his son Arthur NURSAW may be buried there / have a gravestone ?

Arthur NURSAW
Birth registered Dec Q 1852
Death registered Dec Q 1852

Thomas NURSAW - aged 51 / 52
Death registered Jun Q 1853

Thank you, in anticipation.

Sara

Offline jrferr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burials or MIs - St Cynfarch’s Church, Hope, Flintshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 June 15 00:53 BST (UK) »
Sara

Just googled Thomas Nursaw and your message came up. Reason I searched is that we live in what is referred to as 'Hope Cottages' in the Hope Church records. Thomas' death at the age of 50ish on June 11th 1853 is the earliest recorded mention of these houses. In fact, I now know that the houses were built in the first half of 1853, so Thomas was one of the first occupants. Did you pick-up from the baptism records of his son Arthur (Oct 1852 .... Arthur died aged 2 weeks) that Thomas was a surgeon. I can check the churchyard records for Arthur & Thomas' graves for you. As church members, I have access to the church records. Is there anything else you need checking? regards John