Author Topic: Fultons in Kilbarchan  (Read 29903 times)

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Fultons in Kilbarchan
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 01 November 12 20:55 GMT (UK) »
I haven't found them on 1871 census yet -  will need to look at my notes again
Beaton Bethune, Campbell -  ROC
Mitchell Leslie - Aberdeen
Mackintosh, Anderson (Provost) -  Inverness
Boyle, Mckechnie, McPhail, Fulton  - Ireland, Greenock, Kilbrachan
Pearce, Curnoe/Curnow -  Cornwall
Patterson, Robson, Sloan, Campbell, Dixon, Wilson, Ritson, Hedley, Vipond, Coulson -  South Shields, Sunderland, Northumberland, Cumberland
Kitcheham/Kitchingham, Gage -  Kent

Offline Dale Slocock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 07 November 13 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Allan
My father was John Thomas Stillwell Fulton, son Elizabeth Mitchell Fulton, b 1893 in Paisley. She was the daughter of Peter Fulton and Catherine Ferrier. He was the son of David Fulton married to Ann Balnave. David was the son of Hugh Fulton and Agnes Gibson.  Do you think these Fulton's may somehow be related to the Mitchell family?  I am puzzled about the name Mitchell in my grandmother's name and there was family/families of Mitchells in Paisley. I don't often come on to RootsChat so maybe you can contact me via e-mail:(*)               Kind Regards, Dale
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline danielc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 14 November 14 11:04 GMT (UK) »
[please ignore this reply]

Offline danielc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 14 November 14 11:05 GMT (UK) »
AllanWD:

I have only one Fulton lead.  Mary McKenna married a brother of my great-grandfather, John Cairns, December 22, 1877 in Johnstone, Renfrewshire.   Mary's parents were George McKenna and Mary Fulton (McKenna).

John Cairns, along with his mother and siblings, came from the Gilford, County Down area sometime in the early to mid 1870's and lived in the Johnstone/Kilbarchan villiages.  John owned a bootmaking shop in Houston Square for many years 19th and early 20th centuries.  Like you, I wonder if there were relatives in the area or if it was just employment that drew the family to the area.

You might try Scotland's People for the marriage record of George McKenna and Mary Fulton.  The death record for Mary might also give you a clue about her parents and birth place.

Donn Cairns
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Hi Donn!

My father was looking into his family tree and came across your post, it turns out we are related!

My father, grandfather and I are family-tree buffs. So we would LOVE to get in contact with you to find out more. Reply to this topic and we can get in touch!

I hope you get this message!

regards,
Daniel Cairns
Modify message

Offline dtcairns

• RootsChat Extra
  • So these wee ones will know
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 14 November 14 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your contact.  What an exciting way to begin a new day. 

I have sent a message to the email address you gave me.

Regards,

Donn Cairns
Colorado Springs, CO
CAIRNS/KERNS (Down or Armagh and Renfrewshire); DONALDSON (Down); QUIN (Armagh or Down); McBRIDE (Down); and SMYTH (Down).

Offline Minh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 29 December 14 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am yet another relative. James Fulton married to Elizabeth Pattison was my ggg grandfather. I too have got to his death where father given as James Fulton and mother unknown McNeil. Sioux sue gives a name of Elizabeth and wondered where you found that?

Offline alisdair810

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 01 January 15 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Possibly of limited help, but there is a Fulton Crescent in Kilbarchan - I lived there as a child.
The records office at Strathclyde Regional council archives (The replacement for Renfrewshire Council should be able to tell you which of the family the street as named after and why.
Perhaps give you a further insight into your history.

Offline siouxsue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 08 May 16 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hello I am yet another relative. James Fulton married to Elizabeth Pattison was my ggg grandfather. I too have got to his death where father given as James Fulton and mother unknown McNeil. Sioux sue gives a name of Elizabeth and wondered where you found that?

I'm sorry, I haven't been on this board for some time and have only just gone over this post for the first time in years today while looking over some of my tree.
I am descendant from Joseph Fulton b. Circa 1806 in Ireland (he is my 4 x G.Grandfather) and on both his marriage and death certificates it states that his father was James Fulton and his mother Elizabeth McNeil (my 5 x G.Grandparents)
I am unaware of any definite siblings to Joseph as yet, although have found various Fultons in Kilbarchan who I have long suspected may be related, do you think then that your James and my Joseph could be brothers ?

Offline maddigan13

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 21:12 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit late to the party but I've been hopelessly stuck on my Forrest line for years. My great grandmother was Mabeth Maye Forrest born 1897 in Largs, Ayrshire, Scotland. She emigrated to Canada in (I believe) 1913.

I know she lived with her nan and grandad while in Scotland. Her father was a gamekeeper for Lord Kelvin but I don't know what his name was - I was told by a family member that her father died fairly young.

I was also told she had a sister that emigrated to Canada with her and moved to Napanee, ON, Canada but I also don't know the sister's name.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!