Author Topic: Bate family 1700's Hereford/Radnorshire  (Read 3924 times)

Offline maz2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bate family 1700's Hereford/Radnorshire
« on: Friday 18 March 11 02:24 GMT (UK) »
I have a John Mort Bate born in Bramptom Bryan 1793 the son of Richard Bate and Ann. 
On his marriage certificate a witness is Marianne Bowyer Bate.
Marianne Bowyer Bate was the daughter of Jane Isabel Mort and Richard Bate, a different Richard, as he was from New Radnor.
Jane Isabel and Richard(1) were married in 1790.
Can any one help me to connect the 2 Richards somehow?
I have been looking at John Mort Bate for many years but am now completely confused as his name is obviously from Jane Isabel, but he is not her son.

Any ideas anyone?
Bate, Chile, Herrera,

Offline rickglanvill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bate family 1700's Hereford/Radnorshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 15:07 GMT (UK) »
I have a John Mort Bate born in Bramptom Bryan 1793 the son of Richard Bate and Ann. 
On his marriage certificate a witness is Marianne Bowyer Bate.
Marianne Bowyer Bate was the daughter of Jane Isabel Mort and Richard Bate, a different Richard, as he was from New Radnor.
Jane Isabel and Richard(1) were married in 1790.
Can any one help me to connect the 2 Richards somehow?
I have been looking at John Mort Bate for many years but am now completely confused as his name is obviously from Jane Isabel, but he is not her son.

Any ideas anyone?

It seems likely “Ann” is in error as both baptism entries for William Bate (my 4xgreat grandfather), bapt. 1791 New Radnor, and Marianne Bowyer Bate, bapt. 1796 St George Hanover Sq, have father Richard and mother Jane Isabella.

Contact me on rick[dot]glanvill at gmail if you would like to share more information.

Cheers,

Rick