Author Topic: ANTRIM board **NEWS** - Please Read before Posting  (Read 16982 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
ANTRIM board **NEWS** - Please Read before Posting
« on: Friday 18 March 11 09:43 GMT (UK) »
STARTING A NEW TOPIC

To get the best possible result from your posting, especially when you are requesting a lookup, please take a moment to read these instructions.  There are many new requests each day and posting a clear outline of your requirements will make it easier for others to help you.

Before making a post please check the ANTRIM RESOURCES board to see if the information you are looking for might be available online, etc.

Also please look at COPYRIGHT - Please read before posting

If you could each please start a "New Topic" with the subject line very clearly stating the topic such as ‘James Smyth death lookup’ or ‘Antrim church records’ rather than something like ‘help please’ or ‘lost relatives.’

In the body of the message enter the details of your request. Post everthing you already know, would like to know and what you may suspect. This is avoid others wasting their time search for and posting details you have already found or are not interested in.

Very important bit !
Regardless of whether or not the information helped, a "Thank You for your time and efforts" always goes down well  :) :)
... and the 'Thank you' also helps to let us know if the request is completed   
N.B. a "Thank you" sent in a PM is also nice, but it is a "Personal Message",
i.e nobody else knows that you have said "Thank you", so please, do reply on the topic (but you can still send a PM as well, if you wish; I'm sure it will be appreciated.)

COMPLETED REQUESTS

If your request has been completed then please use the 'report to moderator' button to let us know your topic is completed. It will then be moved to Completed Look-ups board

:)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ANTRIM board **NEWS** - Please Read before Posting
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 March 11 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Now for the **NEWS** bit-

Some of you may have noticed that the Antrim Lookup Requests board has disappeared this morning. All threads previously there have now been moved to Antrim or Antrim Completed Lookup Requests.

New requests for Lookups should be posted on the Antrim board from now on- please remember to let us know when you've gotten the information you wanted by using the report to moderator button.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!