Author Topic: Whitehead Marshall Leslie Fife 1800 all  (Read 11371 times)

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whitehead Marshall Leslie Fife 1800 all
« on: Friday 18 March 11 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Robert Marshall married Margaret Whitehead in Leslie Fife in 1825.  They had a least one daughter that I know of named Margaret.  I have nothing else. 
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whitehead Marshall Leslie Fife 1800 all
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 11 16:26 GMT (UK) »
do you have daughter margarets birth?  there is a family in the 1851c in Dunfermline:

Robert Marshall 52 brewer (b. 1799 dunfermline)
Margret Marshall 42
John Marshall 19
Wiar Marshall 12
Mary Marshall 10
Margret Marshall 6
Agness Marshall 2

so doen't quite fit as no Leslie - foud marriage on SP  4/2/1825.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 11 16:30 GMT (UK) »
ah - see you have gone for the other 1851 on your tree on A*.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 March 11 16:38 GMT (UK) »
fife death index - to consider..

1/4/1829  chd of Robert marshall, leslie

7/4/1851 Robert marshall  leslie; age nk; hawker of stoneware
death sudden - in Pathhead - see Fifeshire journal 8 April or Fifeshire advertise 12/4/1851

might be worth seeing if you get a copy of these fron library as might give relatives names etc.

Diddy

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 March 11 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, were did you find that?  Is that in Ancestory.com?   This would make sense.  Here is what I had typed before I got this message Leslie fife is where Margaret marshall was born 1835.  I am really not sure about that other 1851 census in Dunfermline.  Seems like they were more congregated in the Fife area.  I can't even get to those census however to view them again, as I have not decided it would be worth another $30 when I am stuck and thought I went over all of them.  I know that Robert and Margaret his wife died by 1858 as stated on their daughters (margaret) marriage cert. I think I found the child Margaret listed as visitor of some people named Critchon listed in the 1841 census.    Margaret the child eventually married James Gibson.  The strange part is I found The census for James Gibson as a boy in 1841 in Midlothian  and there was a MARY Marshall and her son ALexander Marshall living with them.  No child Margaret thou? Maybe she was visiting the Critchons in 1841.  But searching for who Alexander's parents were I can't find a Mary Whitehead as the mother.  Which would be the Mother I am looking for.    But if this mary is married to Roberts brother (which I don't know)  that would give me a clue as to who Roberts parents were....I think it is odd that Robert and Margret Marshall both died before 1858 and I wonder if they were older when they married.   If you can can you see the 1841 Census for a Daniel Gibson living with Ann Gibson...and Henry, james,  and then they also have a Mary Marshall and Alexander Marshall, can you see where these two  were born?  This maybe my only clue if I can find out who these two were.  Thank you.  This is driving me crazy.  I do know that Robert Marshall was listed as a "traveler"  so he could have been anywhere.
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 March 11 17:56 GMT (UK) »
I am so excited because I believe you found my missing link!  Where can I go to purchase this record?  How in the world did you find this?  I have been searching for years!  Thank you so much.  I am sure this is him because his daughter was married in Kirkcaldy in 1858.   I can't thank you enough.

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 March 11 19:11 GMT (UK) »
the fife death index CD is available form the fife FHS online. it lists pre 1855 deaths. i can send you a copy of the record by word doc if you PM me your email.

sorry ,been watching the rugby  :'(

Diddy

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 March 11 19:23 GMT (UK) »
here is the 1841:

1841 Scotland Census
Daniel Gibson
Civil parish: Edinburgh St Cuthberts
County: Midlothian
Address: Wester Portsburgh No. 29
Parish Number: 685/2
Household Members: Name Age
Daniel Gibson 35
Anne Gibson 30
Henry Gibson 15
Margaret Gibson 6
James Gibson 3
Robert Gibson 1
Mary Marshal 40  b. scotland
Alexander Marshal 9 b. midlothian,scotland

email on its way with death record..

Diddy

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 March 11 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so VERY much.  You are a godsend!  Enjoy Rugby, sorry to be such a pest.