Author Topic: Whitehead Marshall Leslie Fife 1800 all  (Read 11383 times)

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitehead Marshall Leslie Fife 1800 all
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 03 April 11 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Deborah 
Death Janet Thomson
Janet Thomson Dysart Sinclartown died 28.5.1856
Age 71
Widow of David Westwater ( Mason )
Cause Strangulation hernia ( 2 days )
Daughter of John Thomson & Alison Goodall
 Norrie

I hate to bother you but was Janet Thomson living alone in the 1841 & 1851 census?  Do you have access for the census that you could check this for me if you please?  I found an Ann Thomson that was married to John Marshall and she died in Dysart.  The only thing is that her parents are Thomas Thomson and Isabella Watt?  I came accross this by mistake and thought Umm Out of the three possiblilites for Roberts parents one of the parents did have a john born before a Robert.  The only connection if any I could make, would be if Janet Thomson had a brother named Thomas thomson?       
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 April 11 08:35 BST (UK) »
for info - from the fife death index:

David Westwater, Dysart  26/9/1835 age 60,  mason
father of Thomas Westwater (deceased)

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 00:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.  Sorry I just saw this.  I got a job, so I have been in training.   Thanks for searching for me.   You are the BEST!
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 08:48 BST (UK) »
Good luck with the new job!!

Diddy  ;D
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline John B

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 July 11 08:48 BST (UK) »
Robert Marshall married Margaret Whitehead in Leslie Fife in 1825.  They had a least one daughter that I know of named Margaret.  I have nothing else. 

James Marshall was born to a Robert and Margaret Marshall who lived in Leslie. James was born in 1831 and migrated to Australia and died  on 5 Feb 1912 at New Lambton he was my Great Grandfather. James married Janet Andrews. Not sure if it is the same family.

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 July 11 14:50 BST (UK) »

James Marshall was born to a Robert and Margaret Marshall who lived in Leslie. James was born in 1831 and migrated to Australia and died  on 5 Feb 1912 at New Lambton he was my Great Grandfather. James married Janet Andrews. Not sure if it is the same family.

Do you happen to know what Margarets maiden name was? Or anything else that we might be able to tie together? I only know that Robert was a hawker from Leslie.  Died in 1851 I do not know what happened to his wife Margaret Marshall.  I know they married in 1825  and had my line a daughter born 1836 or so I was able to track her, no birth record thou.   Can you tell me more about James?  Here is my email address (*)   Thanks!  I can't wait to hear from you. 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 10 July 11 15:11 BST (UK) »
hi montanna is this your child margaret

margaret marshall born dec 26 1835 baptised jan 31 1836 daughter of robert marshall and margaret aitken

sorry i just went back to the beginning and saw the mothers maiden surname this is another marshall.

beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline montana2727

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 14 May 17 02:59 BST (UK) »
Will the person who said that their Great Grandfather was James Marshall who move to Australia and married a Janet Andrew please contact me.  I just found the connection and we are related.  Thank you Deborah

Offline montana2727

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 06:13 BST (UK) »
I got an email saying that my post was responded to, but when I looked nothing is here.  Am I doing something wrong?  I really would like to get in touch with John B.  I just found out that we are related.  I would like to know what else he may know about our family.