Author Topic: Lost in France !  (Read 1065 times)

Offline bitton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lost in France !
« on: Saturday 19 March 11 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if im posting this on the correct board but I'm looking for any info on a relative of mine that I cannot locate. The info that I have is as follows:-
 His name is Francis Abraham Bitton born in 1863, i have managed to find out that he left liverpool on the 5th sept 1900 on a boat called Lancashire. The ship was bound for Rangoon, Burma. My relative was going as far as Marseille, France. He died on the 12th sept 1930 or 1931 he did not die in the uk. He was a cabinet maker whilst he lived in england. Does anyone have any idea of how i can locate any details of his life (ie census abroad) or where he died / buried.

Any help will be extremly welcomed.

Thank you

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in France !
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 March 11 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Francis Abraham Bitton born 26th September 1863 in Wrekenton,Gateshead, Durham
father Thomas Wesley Bitton
mother Annie Maria Walker

Francis Abraham Bitton died on 12th September 1930  aged 66 (almost 67 )
there is an Ancestral File of him on IGI....I would have thought he was too old to be working when he died.....
submission search is
2334962-1223108152405...submitted on CD-ROM by a lady in South Wellington, Utah, USA
kindly asked not to submit her name and address...you can order the CD-ROM and also if you go on www.familysearch.org.uk you can see the name and address of the lady who submitted it...she has left a box number for anyone who wishes to write to her...hope this helps....
allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 March 11 17:31 GMT (UK) »
on www.freebmd.org.uk   --Believe it or not- there is a death for

Sep qtr 1930 Francis A Bitton aged 66 registered Hackney 1b 413

so maybe he DID die in the UK after all...if this has been an ongoing brickwall ...maybe buying this certificate will be worthwhile...I try not to purchase certs unless it is absolutely necessary...this could be one of those cases where a cert is needed
allan :o
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline bitton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 13:58 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the help, will probably buy the cert to clarify.

:) :)