Author Topic: Carpenters and Joiners Union? circa 1850/1860  (Read 9454 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenters and Joiners Union? circa 1850/1860
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 11 March 17 23:05 GMT (UK) »
My 3xGGF was a trade union activist in mid- 19thC Lancashire. I found a newspaper report about "the Labour Parliament" which met in Manchester in March 1854.
" A meeting of delegates, representing the operatives of the various trades in the principal towns in England, assembled at the Peoples Institute, Heyrod St. Manchester......There were 38 delegates present on the first day........" (Preston Guardian, Sat. 11th March 1854). I assume Manchester papers covered it as well. I don't know if it was a regular event. 
Cowban

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 12 March 17 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judy. Unfortunately we haven't got any more information. We can give you a photograph of your great, great grandfather's grave though. You can either send us your email address by PM on Rootschat but you have to post three times before you can do this. Alternatively you can contact us via www.mgctp.moonfruit.com which is our project website. Luzzu 🙂
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 March 17 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy,

Thanks for the message you left on the MGCTP guestbook.  We will be very happy to send you a photograph of Henry Lennard's memorial.  We do need your email address though.  I if you go to the "Contact Us" page on our website and just fill in your contact details, we will receive this on the project email account.  Alternatively, you can make a couple more posts on the Rootschat forum and then you will be able to send me a PM with your email address.

With regard to being unable to locate his death certificate, I think if you make an post on the Rootschat forum with as much detail as you have, I feel sure the Rootschatters will be able to help you find it and then you can order it online from the GRO.

As soon as I receive your email address, I will send you the photograph.

Luzzu  :)

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline judypolarbear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 26 August 17 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Luzzu

I would like to take you up on your offer of a photo - it seems I am registered user (Judypolarbear)

I still can't find a register of his death despite knowing the date form the inscription

All the best

Judy

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 26 August 17 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy,
Please send a PM with your email address and I will email the photograph to you.  We will try and help you find the registration for his death too.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 26 August 17 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy,
Please send a PM with your email address and I will email the photograph to you.  We will try and help you find the registration for his death too.
Separate post requesting help with death look up
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=777771.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judypolarbear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 26 August 17 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry to be a bit slow but how do I send a PM to you with my email address?

Judy