Author Topic: Goth street, West Derby Lancs? 1877  (Read 7674 times)

Offline Ritchie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goth street, West Derby Lancs? 1877
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 September 06 16:53 BST (UK) »
Will have to log out now as I'm in work and it's time to go.
If you have any more questions ,please ask.
regards
Brian

Offline Lido

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 February 12 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian, I lived in 35 Goth street until I left in 1962,and remember you and your mum very well. I was wondering if you are in contact with anyone from the street or have any photo's. I am gathering information and photo's of people and memories of their time in the street, for a book. I would be grateful for any help you can give me. Hope you are well. Kind Regards, Margaret.

Offline PatIngham

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 March 13 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I am Pat Inghams grand daughter we have just been searching for a few People and seen this forum. She lived at number 17 with her mother and father George and Hedda Ingham and her 3 brothers Denny, Tony and Peter Ingham. Doreen Hindley from number 8 was her best friend. She says she remembers Brian Richie and Brian Dixon as he was a friend of her brother Peter.

Offline gazevans1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 July 13 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, does anyone remember or know of the Evanses who lived at 6 Goth Street?  David Thomas Evans & his wife Sarah Jane Evans had 8 sons (John Watkin Evans married in 1919 & Richard Evans married in 1928) and one daughter (Carrie b.1911).  David died in 1947 & Sarah died in 1958.  Gaz

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 July 13 09:39 BST (UK) »
For original post - here is a map for Goth st
http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk/liverpoolaz/streets.htm#G
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline gothstreetliverpool

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi just found site I grow up in goth street in comer shop run by my gran Ruane happy times there until area pulled down when to st michaels junior school near by off west derby road goth street all house neat tidy front door opened on to street cobble stone road at other end of street houses had very small gap between front door then to street but posher near end a vets bag wash wardhouses then empty lead to busy road to shops at that time big sandstone buildings poss multi flats were empty ready to pulled down.goth street end had a pub opposite a shop.left of shop on west derby road led rock lane a busy shopping area.to the right of pub west derby road led long road when shops to st michaels knew school and further on to liverpool town centre.opersite the pub a main busy road small hills man made and tall blocks of flats.opp my grans shop on comer a small square of waste ground lead to very tall bricked building which had dairy.gad happy time living there good people there

Offline Lombard Street

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 February 19 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My Dad and his family lived on Lombard Street for several years, Dad was born there in 1942. Never really spoke about it, they moved to a flat above a butchers somewhere in West Derby, no idea where though. Been lovely to read the messages, and get a kind of feel of what it must have been like. Their surname was Cullen, 9 kids, Sheila, Jimmy, Francis also known as Frank, Colette, Kevin, Henry, Doreen, Valda, Keith, he died about 10 years old, not hundred percent sure, but I believe he was riding his bike and he went under a lorry, died at the scene. Anyone remember them? Father was an electrician called Richard, Mother was called Ethel.

Offline Les1954

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 11 April 20 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm 66 years old and live in New Zealand. My parents died when I was 9 and 10. I went to live with my Gran in Goth Street and stayed there till they demolished the street. I can't remember what the street number was, it was either 41 or 44, the left hand side of the street from West Derby Rd. My Grans name was Mary Wilson and she lived in the house before the war. Her next door neighbor was her sister and they had a daughter called Joan. Joan had a boyfriend called Ron Clayton. Unfortunately Joan passed away before she could marry Ron, she was about 35 ish.  I was a paperboy for the newsagents around the corner on West Derby road for a while and Goth Street was on my run. When I was 14 or so I had an after school job at the local cobblers, I used to deliver repaired shoes to customers on the shop bike (just like Arkwrights) after School and on Saturday mornings.