Author Topic: Deering family 1890s/1900s  (Read 16580 times)

Offline Saoirse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deering family 1890s/1900s
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Yes these are my third great grandparents... Bridget is the Bridget Deering, or Deery from Blackrock who married John Lyons 12 February 1865. Her father was James Deery and his father was William Lyons.
In 1901, my second great grandparents lived in Cuffe Street.  I thought that was all the Liberties..
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Mansion_House/Cuffe_Street/1342712/
By 1911, they had moved to the Liberties and Bridget and John had died.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Mansion_House/York_Street__Part_of_/78281/

Offline Saoirse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Oops, that attachment...came out much bigger than expected..

Offline Saoirse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:40 GMT (UK) »
I guess my question to you or anyone reading this, is if any of you know of this Bridget Deering/Deery? How was she married in Blackrock, state that she was born in Donegal, and live in the Liberties? Also, given that the Lyons were house painters since the early 1800's and I see there is a James Deery who was a house painter, could they be related since apprenticeships were passed through families?
Its all a mystery, and I get so frustrated when I hit a road block.. so I'd appreciate any help!

Offline makos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 17 June 17 04:59 BST (UK) »
Hey, I know this is a long shot - and that a bunch of members of my immediate family will end up reading this - but if anyone here could help me with a search of graves, it would mean the world to me and likely a few other people.

William Deering (1899-1937) - the one who served as a private in the 2nd Southern Command in the Civil War and was married to Annie Josephine Leahy - was my great-grandfather, and, as you can tell from the numbers earlier, died pretty young. No one in our family, including his actual children, know where he is buried, to the best of my knowledge. He died in Dublin and is presumably buried in the surrounding area, but no one actually knows where and I would really appreciate some help locating this grave. If anyone somehow knows offhand or even just could point me towards the resources I should search to find the location of this grave, it would mean a lot to a 90 year old woman and her descendants.

EDIT: Thanks to Sinann for getting me an accurate date of death.

Offline Gary Deering

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 17 June 17 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi There, I think your William Deering was a first cousin of my granfather William Deering 1900 to 1968. I have come across the other William Deering 1899-1938 over the years while doing research into the family IRA & Civil War connections, to answer your question Glavnevin Cemetery or Mount Jerome Cemetery. I have personally called to the offices of both & they looked up graves for me.Glasnevin even gave me a map & marked the location of 3 unmarked graves of which one was another William Deering 1872-1927. If you can`t get to them, try ringing them. Best of luck

Deering Dublin,Hickey Dublin,Wilson Dublin,Murphy Dublin/Carlow.

Offline makos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 17 June 17 07:12 BST (UK) »
Hi There, I think your William Deering was a first cousin of my granfather William Deering 1900 to 1968. I have come across the other William Deering 1899-1938 over the years while doing research into the family IRA & Civil War connections, to answer your question Glavnevin Cemetery or Mount Jerome Cemetery. I have personally called to the offices of both & they looked up graves for me.Glasnevin even gave me a map & marked the location of 3 unmarked graves of which one was another William Deering 1872-1927. If you can`t get to them, try ringing them. Best of luck
It's entirely possible that my William Deering's the first cousin of yours. This family tree's surprisingly confusing thanks to every other person being a William or James. I appreciate your help so much, hope it works out. If it does I'll be sure to report back and thank you again.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 17 June 17 07:30 BST (UK) »
Are your sure of the year he died, I can see a death for a William Deering died 16 Feb 1937 aged 37, wife A. Deering 9F James St.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1937/04791/4288067.pdf

Offline makos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 17 June 17 07:50 BST (UK) »
Are your sure of the year he died, I can see a death for a William Deering died 16 Feb 1937 aged 37, wife A. Deering 9F James St.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1937/04791/4288067.pdf
Definitely not sure on the specific year of the death, I just decided to go with what appears in family records, since I've seen multiple conflicting dates.

You've almost certainly got it right, though - until just now I was getting a server error every time I tried to access the Civil Records part of that site, but looking at it, it's pretty clear that's him. Thank you, that'll help me when calling cemeteries later today, and I'll edit the original post.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 17 June 17 07:57 BST (UK) »