Author Topic: McCorriston to Hawaii 1850s  (Read 6705 times)

Offline edenreaghbeg

• RootsChat Member
  • we don't find ancestors... they find us
    • View Profile
Re: McCorriston to Hawaii 1850s
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hi same here, Catherine was born 1848 died 1920 her father was Hugh and her Mother was Margaret nee Farren born 1816  died 1849 her father was Hugh 1805 - 1848
Catherine married my Gt Grandfather William McGill/Magill 1869 in St Aidan's Rc Church Magilligan Co Derry
Gerald
McGill/Somers/McIvor in Co Derry.
Lynch Co Dublin
Morgan / Ross / Curoe/Roberts in Co Down

Offline Kerli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 October 15 17:48 GMT (UK) »
[Anne Ferris and Hugh McCorriston are my grandparents. quote author=PineyTim link=topic=522729.msg5769736#msg5769736 date=1443670377]
Gee7 -
Hugh and Annie Ferris had 11 children. 2 of their sons went to Philadelphia. Annie Ferris McCorriston is buried at St. Aidan's in Magilligan/Bellarena. If there is a way to contact me off site, I will be glad to send you more information.
[/quote]
I am also researching the McCorriston family from the Magilligan/Bellarena area.  My grandmother was  Bella McCorriston born 1895/96. Her father was Hugh McCorriston born 1855 and she had a sister Annie born 1897/98.  Her first marriage was to a Matthew Clyde in 1916 then after his death she married my grandfather John McKinney from Killure.
I am hoping to find any details about Hugh who married Annie Ferris in 1877, possibly his parents names or siblings,if any, and the parents or siblings of Annie Ferris

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 October 15 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerli,

Welcome to RootsChat

New members need to make 3 posts to be able to use the personal message system, so post here a couple of more times, then click on the name of Gee7 and it will take you thru to the next screen where you can send them a message.

Its always lovely to see people making contact. 

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Kerli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 October 15 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I am also researching the McCorriston family from the Magilligan/Bellarena area.  My grandmother was  Bella McCorriston born 1895/96. Her father was Hugh McCorriston born 1855 and she had a sister Annie born 1897/98.  Her first marriage was to a Matthew Clyde in 1916 then after his death she married my grandfather John McKinney from Killure.
I am hoping to find any details about Hugh who married Annie Ferris in 1877, possibly his parents names or siblings,if any, and the parents or siblings of Annie Ferris

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 October 15 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Just 1 more reply and your off and running.  Hope your having a great day.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Kerli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 October 15 21:42 GMT (UK) »
My great grand parents are Anne Jane Ferris and Hugh Boland.

Offline Margaret Malyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 20:55 BST (UK) »
My greatgran was called Anne Jane Ferris she married Hugh mcCorriston and their daughter Annie mcCorriston is my gran she married James Boland

Offline Margaret Malyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 21:06 BST (UK) »
I'm just home from Ireland today 16th may, went to St Aidan's in millighan/Bellarena saw the church were my granparents were married their names are Annie McCorriston married James Boland in 1921

Offline Margaret Malyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Have loads of pictures of St Aidan's chapel and grave yard were my greatgran Anne Jane mcCorriston is buried