Author Topic: Shipping List for non passenger? Where to from here??  (Read 4229 times)

Offline McBeth1972

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping List for non passenger? Where to from here??
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hey Thanks Yokerbrian - I did not think of that so it's great to have a lead to follow up! Cheers.
McBeth
MacBeth
Perham

Offline McBeth1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping List for non passenger? Where to from here??
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 April 11 07:19 BST (UK) »
Hey Monica,
I went onto Ancestry.com today and randomly found a family tree Kibblewhite/Gilmour that has a Charles Alexander McBeth born in Essex in 1842 and married in Canterbury, NZ!!!! I am very excited that there may be a bit of a link there somewhere but cannot look into it any further without joining the site. This is the only reference to him on the site so I am not too sure about signing up in case it goes nowhere.

Thanks to you and the other people who offered answers and for your help so far as it has given me a boost and renewed energy into the search.

Thanks alot.

Pam
McBeth
MacBeth
Perham

Offline barbbillk1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Shipping List for non passenger? Where to from here?? Charles Ferne McBeath
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 05:38 BST (UK) »
I hope this information will help.  I've read the previous posts from 2011 and I'm sure that Charles Ferne Mcbeath (MacBeath) [son of William James Macbeath and Ann Marie Tant] was registered in the UK Merchant Navy as an apprentice in December 1848, just prior to his Parents and family sailing to Australia on Board the Brankenmoor which arrived in South Australia in July 1849.  I found the information on Ancestry by searching "UK, Apprentices Indentured in Merchant Navy, 1824 - 1910: for Chs MacBeath showing his age as 14 years.

I think this verifies Monica's Information regarding the shipping arrival in Sydney NSW of the "Speedy" on which Charles MacBeth was registered as an Able Seaman.

I would appreciate any comments on what I have found.  Regards  Barb