Author Topic: FATT of the Hokianga (completed)  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: FATT of the Hokianga (completed)
« Reply #27 on: Friday 29 September 17 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I am keen to get in touch, to find out more about Ina, shane howat
 :) :) :) :)

Im not sure how to do the private message

See the little SIM card looking thing, that is green when we are online. Click on the one of the person you want to contact and PM will auto open.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline steve n lisa

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 October 17 17:40 BST (UK) »
Wow hi all ,This is a suprise. My name is Steven Burt i am the grandson of Puke McMillan , on the 14th of October i was lucky enuff to attend the memorial/unvailing of my great grandmother Ina tipene kurei o mangakahia in Waitangi . I have always knowen her name to be Ina marie Tepene, however now that iv discoverd this site and these posts with the name Ina Tapene  im even more inspired to learn as much as possible about my great grandmother. My grandpop Puke was the only grandparent i ever new. I lived with him in hikurangi from birth to age 6 when he died. He was then and still is now the greatest man iv ever known.
Im very much looking fwd to any replys to my post.
Cheers to all,
Steve

Offline shaneo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 October 17 18:51 BST (UK) »
Wow that has shed some light, I gave been trying to find information and struggled because of the spelling, Ina would be my great, great grandmother. I would be keen to chat further Shane Howat

Offline FATTS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 29 October 20 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Wow hi all ,This is a suprise. My name is Steven Burt i am the grandson of Puke McMillan , on the 14th of October i was lucky enuff to attend the memorial/unvailing of my great grandmother Ina tipene kurei o mangakahia in Waitangi . I have always knowen her name to be Ina marie Tepene, however now that iv discoverd this site and these posts with the name Ina Tapene  im even more inspired to learn as much as possible about my great grandmother. My grandpop Puke was the only grandparent i ever new. I lived with him in hikurangi from birth to age 6 when he died. He was then and still is now the greatest man iv ever known.
Im very much looking fwd to any replys to my post.
Cheers to all,
Steve
hi Steve,I also am a great grandson of Ina Tapene,and have been attempting to find out a little about my grandfather's mother.Im not tech savvy so will be short.If you get this msg,please get back to me.I would of loved to attend the unveiling.Mike(fatts)

Offline Des Fatt

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 06 February 21 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Morning my mother was Doreen Fatt , my grand parents where Elizabeth and Steve Fatt ,wold love to find out more about my great grand parents

Offline JimsMission

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: FATT of the Hokianga
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 02:43 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but much like the others I would to understand abit more about my whakapapa.  Ina Tipene would be my great great grandmother

I would appreciate any information about her.  Where she was born or where exactly in Waitangi is her memorial?

Regards,
Jamie

Offline Kauwhitiwhiti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just wanting to get in touch with Steven Burt with regards to Ina Tipene’s unveiling and family history. We are trying to finalise our Whakapapa and get information on Ina’s iwi, hapu, etc.

Would like to go and pay our respects as well, are you able to advise what cemetery/Urupa she is buried at, as we are unable to locate a Waitangi cemetery.

Offline Kauwhitiwhiti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 21 April 23 00:18 BST (UK) »
Ina was my Great Great grandmother.  I am studying Te Reo this year and trying to put my Whakapapa and Pepeha together.

Offline Kauwhitiwhiti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 21 April 23 00:19 BST (UK) »
Ina (isabella) was married to James Fatt and their son Stephen Fatt is my grandmothers father.