Author Topic: Center family of Blairgowrie  (Read 20923 times)

Offline RFM66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Center family of Blairgowrie
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Stumbled across this thread from a few years ago whilst searching for info on Davidson's Butchers. James (Jack) Davidson was my Great Uncle his sister May Donnelly Davidson was my paternal Grandmother. She was born in Aylith but I think she lived in Blairgowrie until shortly after WWII.

Tim - I believe therefore that we are related! You refer to your Grandfather who moved to Ceylon - was his name Gordon? I recall my grandmother speaking about her brother in India or Ceylon - didn't he get an honour (MBE or OBE?). I think they had at least one other brother that I remember Frank. Last I can remember he lived in Perth but used to own Kindrogan East Lodge in Enochdu where we had childhood holidays.

Any info you can help with regarding the Davidson family in that area would be great we are starting on a family tree but the Scottish side is proving difficult!

Offline t1m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 January 18 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry to take so long (years!) to reply. I sent you a PM, and hopefully it will reach your email. But in case it doesn't, and you stumble across this thread again, please get back to me whenever you find it. We are related.  :)

Tim

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 January 18 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tim
As far as I know I have no Center family in Ceylon  how ever I could be wrong,
Regards
Joe

Offline t1m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 January 18 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,

You must have been notified because we chatted years ago (see beginning of thread).

I should have said, I was hoping to contact RFM66 who is a cousin of mine, and tried to contact me four years ago but apparently I've not set up my notifications.

Tim

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 January 18 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tim
I remember our exchange of information on the croft and the Davidson butcher shop.
 I have sent a  PM to RFM66 that you are trying to contact him hopefully RFM66 picks up on it.
The Blairgowrie & Rattary  site has a lot of information on shops in Blair have you looked at it recently ?
Regards
Joe