Author Topic: Swedish records  (Read 3565 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Swedish records
« on: Saturday 02 April 11 00:52 BST (UK) »
Not sure what category to post it in.
There is a great website for researching Swedish ancestors called genline. It is a pay for time site, but well worth it.
There are church records, census records, and their census equivalent- household examinations.
The site is in English, but a little Swedish is required when looking at the records. They do provide a list of keywords that helps, but I still bought a small dictionary.
I believe the site has been purchased by ancestry.com, so we will have to see if the great value for money remains.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.