Author Topic: Williams Family in Newborough  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Williams Family in Newborough
« on: Saturday 02 April 11 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for information concerning the above, any relatives, or if anyone should know of the family.

In the 1901 census Jane Williams (nee Owen and born Clynnog, Caernarvonshire) was living in New Chamber as a Widow and Mat Maker (age 77) with her daughter Sarah Williams (age 34 also a Mat Maker, born Newborough) and her grandchildren John Richard Williams (age 9 born in Liverpool) and Jane L Williams (age 4 born in Newborough). In the earlier 1881/1891 census she was living at Soar Terrace and in 1871 at Maltreath Street.

Jane's husband was Richard Williams (Born in 1831 in Aberdaron, Caernarvonshire and married there in 1856) but he died in Newborough in 1870. Richard and Jane also had two sons William (1858) and Griffith (1860) both born in Bodvean, Caernarvon.

John Richard's war enrolment details  suggests his next of kin was his aunt Sarah Williams then living at Sign Fawr, Newborough, and I presume therefore both of his parents had died by 1914 (possibly  even before 1901).

I suspect Sarah may have died in 1945 age 78 and John Richard in 1973 but have no idea what happened to any of the others.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Alan

Offline Tammyanne1985

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Williams Family in Newborough
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 December 22 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Hey im part of the Williams family my nain n taid are Samuel n ann williams