Author Topic: 3rd Kings Own Hussars  (Read 5671 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Kings Own Hussars
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 14:34 BST (UK) »
are the ww1 medals for service in the 3rd hussars,,is that the regiment on the medals?  can you check the service number on the medals?  is the number definitely 10125?  could it be 10215?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Glengyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 14:50 BST (UK) »
Sorry, dyslectica! 10215 you're right.
The Star with bar issued to Pte W Thompson 3Hrs and other two to A/Sgt W Thompson 3rd Hrs.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 15:15 BST (UK) »
dont know if this will help,,but his medal card has him applying for his 1914 star,,it gives two addresses for correspondence

the old hall,cheswardene,market drayton,shropshire

175 Southmead road,Westbury on trym,bristol.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Glengyle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 15:20 BST (UK) »
Yes, I had that. 175 Southmead Road was my grandmothers home address and the other was where she and, later possibly, my grandfather also worked. I believe he was a chauffeur but when that was i don't know. But those addresses aren't related to pre WW1 days for my grandfather.
David

Offline EmmaSutton

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 30 July 15 20:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry to jump in!

I was wondering if there is any documentation of 3rd The Kings Own Hussars delivering/removing the German currency post-WW2? my nanny is always telling me my granddad was in Germany after the war and did a week/10 day journey as part of the group that either delivered the new German currency or disposed of the old. 
My granddad was in from 1946 -1950 when he was discharged after a motorbike accident in Germany.

I hope someone will know - or know where i can find out!

Many thanks
Emma

Offline Glengyle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 31 July 15 08:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry Emma I have no knowledge of that. When the war ended my grandfather was in an officer training camp.
Regards
David