Author Topic: ethel may Lloyd  (Read 19994 times)

Offline syrupmacramegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ethel may Lloyd
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 06 June 15 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
My Grandmother was Beatrice Lloyd and she married Stanley Wilsher in London, UK. She grew up in a convent and married Stanley due to him being stationed in the army in Herefordshire nr Wales. This is where the church/convent was . She never knew her siblings - could these be Ethel ( older ) and a younger brother ? Contact me if you wish ? She was lovely !

Offline syrupmacramegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 06 June 15 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi my grandma was Beatrice Lloyd married to Stanley Wilsher - they lived in London and were lovely grandparents. they are both dead now and im 48. Beatrice and Stanley met as he was stationed via the army in Herefordshire and she was brought up in a convent near a church there. Do you think Ethel was my grandma's sister ?

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 06 June 15 12:51 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat SMG ( my acronym for your long username  ;D ) Wow, another connection...how exciting...that is certainly the marriage that susano found earlier...I wonder if Beatrice put the name of her parents on her marriage info?  She may not have known them...but sending for the cert would be the next step!
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline syrupmacramegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 06 June 15 19:44 BST (UK) »
I have now talked to my dad - son of Beatrice Lloyd and he said that she always wondered about Ethel, they never met though. However she did keep up her relationship with their younger brother John  Edgar.  Like Beatrice,  John was also an orphan in Herefordshire. John is now dead but his daughter Margot is still living in Herefordshire. Beatrice met Stanley my grandfather as he was stationed in the army in Somerset and met and married Beatrice when she was 17. They had two sons my dad Gordon Wilsher and Brian Wilsher and two daughters Joan and Jeanette Wilsher.

Who knew we had relatives in Canada  - Ethel's family !