Author Topic: Polish census 1921 & 1931  (Read 8480 times)

Offline Potterings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Polish census 1921 & 1931
« on: Thursday 07 April 11 07:54 BST (UK) »
I would really appreciate any information about the 1921 and 1931 censuses for Poland?  Were they purely demographic or did they contain personal details of individuals?  If personal, ie similar to the British Censuses with name, age, status, address and occupation, are these available to view / search?  I can't find very much information anywhere else.   

Thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Polish census 1921 & 1931
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 11 08:36 BST (UK) »
According to this they are not available online-
http://polishgeno.com/?page_id=10
Actually the website seems to have lots of other information on Polish reesearch which might be of interest.

If you google "1921 polish census records" you'll get lots of bits of information about which portions of Poland were and weren't covered by 1921 census, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Potterings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 April 11 08:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply and the suggestion of the website which is very informative. 

I too had searched on Google for details of the census and realise that it was too much to hope that information would be available on the internet. 

However none of the sites I found tells me what information the census actually holds.  It seems to be purely demographic, similar to the  most recent British censuses which only give demographic information and conceal any personal information, post 1911.

I ask because I am desperately seeking a lady called Tekla Derz and her son (*) for whom I have miraculously found a birth certificate and wondered if the census might help me to locate them.   I'll keep looking!

Thank you again for your very kind attention and suggestions.  It is very much appreciated

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Potterings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 April 11 05:09 BST (UK) »
Quote from my previous message: I ask because I am desperately seeking a lady called Tekla Derz and her son (*) for whom I have miraculously found a birth certificate and wondered if the census might help me to locate them.   I'll keep looking!

Thank you again for your very kind attention and suggestions.  It is very much appreciated

Thank you for your concern re the above.  I should have specified when they were both born so that you would have realised they are both no longer living.  I believe that Tekla was born circa 1900 and her son born 1927, died in 1995.

Kind regards.