Author Topic: Charles Edward Steers  (Read 1715 times)

Offline swiper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Edward Steers
« on: Saturday 09 April 11 04:55 BST (UK) »
I am looking for JACH.I might have info.she wants.He married my great great grandmother martha chilvers.My name is ernest chilvers.edward george chilvers died at sea when he was 29.she remarried charles.They had a son sydney charles james steers.Harold chilvers half brother,my great grandfather.I believe he was born in russia because charles his dad was a diplomat.Sydney came to the us at 13 to goto school and visit harold in massachutessets.anyway would be glad to trade info.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Edward Steers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 April 11 05:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Swiper

It's Rootschatter  JACTH whom you're after.

She posted here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,504587.0.html

Last online in Feb.

click the link above and post a message on that topic - this will serve  3 things:
1)  It means you've then made 3 public postings and so may use the Rootschat PM (Private messaging system).

2) If JACTH is still recieving automatic email notifications of updates (replies) to her topic, she'll get an email and hopefully call in to read your message.

3) If she isn't getting notifications of topic updates, you can still PM her. An email will be sent to her to advise her and she'll hopefully read your private message.

To send a PM, when you are in that topic linked above, click on her USER name (ie: JACTH) in the left panel to open up her profile - then, see the link at the bottom which says :  "Send this RootsChatter a personal message". Click it and then compose/send a message.

You can also access your own private PM inbox & outbox by clicking the blue highlighted text that reads as follows at the top right of Rootschat whenever you are logged in:
Welcome back, SWIPER, you have 0 messages, 0 are new

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline jackspap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Edward Steers
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 January 18 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Swiper
I hope you get this message as your post is quite old.  I would be interested in any information you may have regarding Sydney, my uncle, and his father Charles. 
look forward to hearing from you.
Jack