Author Topic: Help wanted please  (Read 12873 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help wanted please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 April 11 01:13 BST (UK) »
I see a birth   

name:   Christina Templeton
birth date:   25 May 1873
birthplace:   ANNAN,DUMFRIES,SCOTLAND
father's name:   Henry Templeton
mother's name:   Mary Ann Todd

a marriage Qtr Dec 1891

Templeton    Christina Ellen        Carlisle    11b   8_9    

Does any of this help?

a census 1891

name:   Christina Templeton
relationship to head of household:   Daughter
birthplace:   Annan, Dumbartonshire
registration district:   Carlisle St Cuthbert

a marriage

Dec 1891 Kill    Robert Caleb    Carlisle    10b    839    

a birth
Mar 1892  Kill    Lucy Ann        Carlisle   

a birth

Dec 1893   Kill    Robert Charles         Carlisle   

a Death 1943 Mar

Kill    Robert C    49    Surrey Mid E.    2a   220    

a Marriages to a Marchant in Jun 1948 
Kill    Christina E     Camberwell    5c   502   

This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 April 11 07:53 BST (UK) »
Very interesting!

The marriage was to a John W Marchant.

There are two deaths:

Christina E Marchant  Dec quarter 1950 Camberwell  vol 5c  pa 263.  Aged 54 !

John W Marchant  Mar quarter 1954 Camberwell 5c pa 268.  Aged 75

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 April 11 09:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Deebel,

a Death 1943 Mar

Kill    Robert C    49    Surrey Mid E.    2a   220   

a Marriages to a Marchant in Jun 1948
Kill    Christina E     Camberwell    5c   502   

I have all the other information plus some more but not those in quotes so I am most grateful for those.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 April 11 09:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks gnu

The marriage was to a John W Marchant.

There are two deaths:

Christina E Marchant  Dec quarter 1950 Camberwell  vol 5c  pa 263.  Aged 54 !

John W Marchant  Mar quarter 1954 Camberwell 5c pa 268.  Aged 75

I didn't have these either.

This Christina E I think was the daughter of Christina Emma their 3rd child b Wandsworth in 1896

Its the mother that I really need to find in 1911 of any information about her afterwards, think I will need to purchase some more credits, at least I may find a death for her  :-\
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 April 11 09:46 BST (UK) »
I thought it might be a daughter, given the age at death.

I've had a good search for deaths under various surnames but nothing likely at the moment. I'll keep searching.

Nothing on the passenger lists that I've looked at.

Is there anything else, however small, that might help?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 April 11 10:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks It seems strange to me that she would take just the one child (the next eldest was only about 5 or 6) and then leave him with her parents why bother ???

Patrish, we are talking about a time that was still pretty judgemental.  Is it possible that the father of the youngest child was not Robert Kill, and that was the reason for their separation?   If so he might have insisted on keeping custody of all of his children, but that his wife departed with the youngest.  I'm not trying to cast any aspersions on poor Christina, just trying to think of something that might explain her actions.
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 April 11 10:40 BST (UK) »
Also, not wanting to sound ageist,  but there was a 20 year or so gap between them  :-\

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 April 11 10:46 BST (UK) »
Patrish, we are talking about a time that was still pretty judgemental.  Is it possible that the father of the youngest child was not Robert Kill, and that was the reason for their separation?   If so he might have insisted on keeping custody of all of his children, but that his wife departed with the youngest.  I'm not trying to cast any aspersions on poor Christina, just trying to think of something that might explain her actions.

Please don't worry Maggie  :) this scenario has already crossed my mind more than once, the child George Wm is registered as Kill I wonder if I should send for this birth cert  :-\

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 April 11 10:54 BST (UK) »
Also, not wanting to sound ageist,  but there was a 20 year or so gap between them 

There was actually 22 years between them  :o :o

She was his second wife, first one died on Malta where he was stationed,  got her death cert.,  never found any children from that 10 year marriage though which is strange  ??? ,, the regiment returned to their headquarter in Carlisle where he promptly married the young Christina, got their marriage.

It has always been assumed rightly or wrongly that she just got fed up having children year after year that she went back home but of course we all know how very wrong family hearsay  can be, don't we  ::)