Author Topic: Duncans/Stewarts/Robertsons in Glenisla & Lintrathen  (Read 7865 times)

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duncans/Stewarts/Robertsons in Glenisla & Lintrathen
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 April 11 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyrical

Image sent as requested
good luck in your quest

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline Lynda J

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 July 15 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hello, I also have Duncans in Glenisla.  My 3rd Great Grandmother was Elizabeth "Betty" Duncan b. about 1753 she married David Milne b. abt. 1753.  Their granddaughter Betty or Betsy Milne had an illegitimate child with William Storrier in 1847 he was baptized in Fettercairn as James Milne Storrier.  Betsy went on to marry William Grant and had several of children. The Milnes and Storriers and Duncan it seems were connected and married into each others families. I am searching for the parents of Elizabeth Duncan b. 1753. There are several possibilities but I cannot definitely connect the dots! Elizabeth died at Cammock farm in Glenisla in 1821 and left a will which names the children. She was the widow of David Mill or Milne farmer at Westerton of Balintore.  If anyone has a connection I would be most grateful to hear. Many thanks Lynda     

Offline Lyrical

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 May 16 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hello, I also have Duncans in Glenisla.  My 3rd Great Grandmother was Elizabeth "Betty" Duncan b. about 1753 she married David Milne b. abt. 1753.  Their granddaughter Betty or Betsy Milne had an illegitimate child with William Storrier in 1847 he was baptized in Fettercairn as James Milne Storrier.  Betsy went on to marry William Grant and had several of children. The Milnes and Storriers and Duncan it seems were connected and married into each others families. I am searching for the parents of Elizabeth Duncan b. 1753. There are several possibilities but I cannot definitely connect the dots! Elizabeth died at Cammock farm in Glenisla in 1821 and left a will which names the children. She was the widow of David Mill or Milne farmer at Westerton of Balintore.  If anyone has a connection I would be most grateful to hear. Many thanks Lynda   

Hello Lynda!

I haven't checked back on this thread for over a couple of years now so I was surprised when I happened to look today and see your post.

As far as I know, I don't have an Elizabeth "Betty" Duncan b. about 1753 in my direct Duncan ancestry, although it's very possible that we do have some kind of connection through some branch of the Duncan line.

My GGG Grandfather was John Duncan who I believe was born in Glenisla in 1755 (I'm positive of his name being John Duncan, though can't be 100% positive of his birth year). From the research I've done it appears John Duncan's father was mostly likely Andrew Duncan, birth year unknown. 

My GGG Grandfather John Duncan had the following siblings I am aware of:

Thomas – christened 24 January, 1742 at Glenisla, Angus, Scotland
Ann – christened 21 April, 1743 at Glenisla, Angus, Scotland
William – christened 25 February, 1746 at Glenisla, Angus, Scotland
Andrew – christened 3 January, 1748 at Glenisla, Angus, Scotland
Margaret – christened 8 April, 1753 at Glenisla, Angus, Scotland

I'm wondering if your Elizabeth "Betty" Duncan b. about 1753, might be a cousin of my GGG Grandfather John Duncan. That's just a guess of course. Have you been able to go back further and find out the first name of her father yet? 

Lyrical