Author Topic: Who IS my great great grandmother?  (Read 9845 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Who IS my great great grandmother?
« Reply #36 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:53 BST (UK) »
And I can't find Joseph's first marriage....

I wonder if that could be an error - have you looked at the Parish Register to see if it concurs with the certificate?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm the one in the middle...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 15 April 11 14:00 BST (UK) »
Joseph's 'second' mariage was in Stafford Register Office
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Catch the Blog at http://familytreeblogs.com/kate

Offline Junesnell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 04:01 BST (UK) »
Joseph Cocks (Cox) married Sarah Hannah Martin at Dawlish on 24/1/1834. Living at Tormuham (Torquay) in 1841 with Sarah and he was a plumber. Sarah living at Teignmouth in 1851 with four children but no Joseph. Elizabeth aged 6 married Henry Hill in 1870 who was a distant relative. Joseph in Stafford with Ann Dominy and children.

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
Joseph Cocks (Cox) married Sarah Hannah Martin at Dawlish on 24/1/1834. Living at Tormuham (Torquay) in 1841 with Sarah and he was a plumber. Sarah living at Teignmouth in 1851 with four children but no Joseph. Elizabeth aged 6 married Henry Hill in 1870 who was a distant relative. Joseph in Stafford with Ann Dominy and children.

That's wonderful!  Thank you so much.  In the intervening time since I first posted this query, I've found some more information about Ann, and this line is oh so slowly coming together. If only I could find the death of William Dominy, I'd be a happy bunny....
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Offline treenz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 02 June 19 08:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Cati

I was wondering how you got on with this. I have a relative Omar Hall who had an illegitimate child called Ann to her mother Ann Morrey. He lived with Ann Morrey and they brought up their daughter but didn't marry her until his first wife died in 1833 and died very soon after.

I think we are probably talking about the same people.

Regards
Treena

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 23 June 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Cati

I was wondering how you got on with this. I have a relative Omar Hall who had an illegitimate child called Ann to her mother Ann Morrey. He lived with Ann Morrey and they brought up their daughter but didn't marry her until his first wife died in 1833 and died very soon after.

I think we are probably talking about the same people.

Regards
Treena

Hi Treena

i must admit I've not done much on this line for some time, as I've rather drifted into local history rather than family history, and life has been a bit fraught, so apologies for not picking this up earlier.

But YES!  This is the same woman:  I'd found a newspaper clipping reporting on the marriage of Ann to Omar Hall.  The Dominy/Dominey connection is still a mystery.  And I didn't know about the relationship before the death of the first wife, or of the child Ann.

So we're somehow related ...

Cati