Author Topic: Who IS my great great grandmother?  (Read 9840 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Who IS my great great grandmother?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:08 BST (UK) »
Joseph is down as Unmarried in 1851!

Ann may have been Married but living with Joseph until they could Marry when her Husband Died.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:24 BST (UK) »
Ann Murray's marriage cert to William Henry Dominy would be interesting, wouldn't it? 

A bit expensive though when you're not sure it's the right one.  :-\

Do you know WHD's occupation?
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:31 BST (UK) »
There are Halls with the Cox family in 1861.

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:37 BST (UK) »
As there is no sign of him in the 1851 census I wonder if young Frances (only 4 months old) might also be the child of Joseph .... Doing a search of the death indexes between 1841-1851 for a William Domin* there are a couple in Devon, as both Joseph and Ann give their birthplaces in 1851 as Buckland, Devon, I wonder if he could possibly have also been from there and returned.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:38 BST (UK) »
Louisa DOMINY has her Mother as Annae HALE on her Christening in Newport, Shropshire

Is this the one you found Cati?

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm the one in the middle...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:42 BST (UK) »
I've just ordered the Dominy/Murray certificate to see if that casts any light on this... I've never been tempted before to shell out for the priority service! (though I did resist)...  No idea on WHD's occupation.

I had seen the Halls on the 1861 census, which makes me think there is a link to the Hall family somwhere...

Ann and WHD were married in Stafford Register Office (thank you UKBMD!!), which may suggest a second marriage for one of them, or perhaps that one was Catholic and the other wasn't...

Joseph an Ann were also married in Stafford Register Office:  if they had been 'living over the brush' perhaps this was so the neighbours didn't find out!
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Catch the Blog at http://familytreeblogs.com/kate

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:46 BST (UK) »
On the UKBMD sites (county sites all around the country) those stated to be married in a Register Office or Registrar Attended are often RC marriages and from that index there is no way of telling until the certificate arrives.  I would imagine in this case, since the children were baptised in an RC church, that the marriage would also have taken place in one. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:48 BST (UK) »
Louisa DOMINY has her Mother as Annae HALE on her Christening in Newport, Shropshire

Is this the one you found Cati?

Oh,I hadn't caught Louisa's christening: thanks muchly. Ann's daughter Ann was baptised Anna Domini ;D  and that record shows Annae Hall Domini as the mother.
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 11:51 BST (UK) »
On the UKBMD sites (county sites all around the country) those stated to be married in a Register Office or Registrar Attended are often RC marriages and from that index there is no way of telling until the certificate arrives.  I would imagine in this case, since the children were baptised in an RC church, that the marriage would also have taken place in one. 

Mary Ann, that is really useful information - I wasn't aware that it might also indicate Registrar Attended, though that makes sense now you mention it.  I shall await the Domini/Murray certificate with bated breath...

Cati