Author Topic: James Ralston from Scotstoun  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Ralston from Scotstoun
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Duncan 788,

James was the Forester as his occupation. He married Catherine Robertson.
I am not related to the Ralston family, but doing the tree for my friend. His father was James Fraser Ralston. He married a Margaret Epps in Hendon, Middlesex in September 1945. Now James was born in Scotstoun, Glasgow. James had two brothers called William and Jack Ralston.
If you have a look through the above thread, you will see how much information we have on the family.

Yours,

Wilton Endeavour 
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline Duncan788

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 May 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
Winton E,

Many Thanks

I think I may have stumbled on a direct link, thanks for your assistance. My Grandmother Catherine Fraser Ralston (James and Catherine Ralston youngest child  ) had siblings as follows
 Jack, 'Dolly' James, William and Helen.  I believe William may have fought in WW1 in the HLI, and had two sons William and Fraser. James i believe had two daughters Morag and Shiela....this from my fathers recollections of his aunts and uncles.

Further intrigued by the name Grizzel in some of the Ralston lines......still some digging to do. Trust this helps, Again thanks for the leads. Best Rgds  J G Duncan

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 May 17 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Duncan788,

I am going to send you a personal message as I have two nicely typed pages on the Ralston ancestors. As we are not allowed to pass out e-mail addresses on here unless it is by personal message.

Yours,

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.