Author Topic: James Ralston from Scotstoun  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Ralston from Scotstoun
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 November 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kirsty,

You need to make two or three posts on here before I can use the personal message system to contact you. I was doing some research for my friend who is a living Ralston over in Fife currently.

yours,

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 November 11 21:32 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a Personal Message as it is allowing me to do that.

yours,

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline kralston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 November 11 21:44 GMT (UK) »
I cant contact you, but if we are talking about the same Peter thats my uncle.
Kirsty

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 19:54 GMT (UK) »
James Fraser Ralston was born 22nd February 1920 at 1/2 Thornwood Avenue, Partick. We can now begin to trace his family backwards as we have his parents. His parents were married on 27th August 1917 at St. Rollox in Glasgow.
His parents are William Ralston who was a Joiner Journeyman and Sarah Hamilton Fraser.

yours,

Wilton Endeavour

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 23:02 GMT (UK) »
I have managed to trace all the Ralston marriages as far back as the 1830's when there was a family of eight living in Kilsyth.  :)

Wilton Endeavour

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 December 13 21:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm not getting much on the Margaret Epps side of the family.
But I can give you info on the James Fraser Ralston side who married Margaret Epps.

James's parents were William Ralston, Joiner/RAF Mechanic and Sarah Hamilton Fraser.

William's parents were James Ralston, Forester and Catherine Robertson.

James's parents were William Ralston, Lock Keeper and Helen Gillies.

William's parents were James Ralston and Mary Munro.

James's parents were James Ralston and Grizel Dalrymple.

That give's me six generations of the Ralston family going back in time.

Wilton Endeavour

Offline Liza_h

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 10 June 16 01:11 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

My Great grandfather was James Ralston  and had six children -- I don't remember all the names. .... William (Bill) never married but was a spy in WWII was in the Royal Navy, died in the 1970s.  Ronald, who was the oldest married late in life to Jessie and never had children.  May who married Victor Cave, who worked for Canard Line as a Director and later became the Mayor of Brentwood, Essex.  Mary Brodie Ralston was a head mistress of a school and never married and died 1950s. Isabella Dow who married Edwin Smith, had Mary Brodie Ralston Smith (my mom).

Liza

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 June 16 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Liza,

Was that the same James Ralston who is your great grandfather that married Margaret Epps?

Wilton Endeavour

Offline Duncan788

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 12:44 BST (UK) »
James Ralston and Catherine Robertson were my great grandparents on my grandmothers side.  Catherine Fraser Ralston who married Walter Duncan in Falkirk