Author Topic: Delo family in Kent  (Read 32432 times)

Offline Shegs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Delo family in Kent
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:29 BST (UK) »
Yes, Frederick Delo was the brother of Edward who is my great great grandfather, both sons of George Delo & Jane Pittock. Jane pittock was the daughter of William & Maria Pittock, I don't know her maiden name as I haven't been any further up that branch.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 17:18 BST (UK) »
The date of the marriage for Frederick to Eliza was 22nd June 1851 at St Mildred.

Jane Pittock was baptised on 19th June 1809 in Caterbury, St Peter.
Also to William and Maria are - John in 1800, Harriot in 1799, Charlotte in 1797, Maria in 1796.

There is a marriage of a William Pittock to Maria Duryer in Blean on 27 Dec 1795.

Sounds like the right family, although there is a gap between John and Jane.

David

Offline Shegs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 17:27 BST (UK) »
I'll have to investigate, when I've got time. There are so many branches to go back down. What I have come across in some branches children are christened when they are a few years old, so, it could be right.

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hello again

According to my notes George Delo m. Jane Pittock in Canterbury 28 Sep 1829 and had the following children:   Frederick b.1830 d.1905; Sarah Ann b.1832; Edward b.1834; Elizabeth b.1836; Susanna b.1838; Jane b.1840 d.1842; Maria Sophia b.1844 d.1846; Peter b.1846 d.1921; Jane 1847 d.1854; Eliza b.1850 d.1854 and George William b.1853 also d.1854.

It is not unusual for children to be baptised 'in batches' as I believe it was cheaper for them that way.   The final three children all died the same year - could it have been around the same time.  Such sadness.

NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 02 May 13 09:19 BST (UK) »
Images of the parish records are now on the Findmypast web site. I have not checked them all but I think they could all be there.

It needs a subscription to see the full details or images, although you can buy credits.

David

Offline krissy59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 August 15 04:31 BST (UK) »
Hi..

Is anyone still tracking this family down?  I have been searching the Delo's  from Kent for just over a year now.. Agnes Bertha Delo was my great grand mother..
I have quite a data base happening and I would like to swap notes with some rellies out there.
I have a private tree on ancestry.

Christine
Adelaide, South Australia

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 09 August 15 09:21 BST (UK) »
Assuming that my tree is correct, my wife is related to Agnes through her grandmother, Eliza Lyon Eldridge.

I have information on the Eldridges, if of interest.

Regards,
David

Offline krissy59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 09 August 15 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Your assumptions seem to be mine also, I have Eliza being my 3xggm :)  I have Eliza's parents Daniel Eldridge and Sarah Seers, before that John Eldridge and Sarah Lyon marrying in 1800 but i havent gone any further back.  Do we have the same info?
I have tracked as many of the siblings, spouses and children as i can find with as much media as i can save and post on the profiles but have not finished going through them as yet.

I'm happy to compare notes :)
Where do we go from here?

Regards
Chris

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 09 August 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

That ties in with my information but no further back.

My wife's line stems from Daniels brother, William, who, I believe, married twice. His first wife was Susanna Crunden and then Jemima Hubbard.
 I have found five children by Susanna, but no more descendants, and six by Jemima, most of whom  have descendants.
 I imagine that most of my Delo information is similar to that on other trees.

If you can send me a Personal Message with your email address, I can send reports on what I have, in case anything is new.

Regards,
David