Author Topic: Delo family in Kent  (Read 32420 times)

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
Re: Delo family in Kent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 April 11 08:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carol W for all that information - it has progressed out search considerably.  Pittock is a name that occurs in the tree from Dover area - I wonder if it is the same family?

So many new questions creating my branches!!!!
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline Shegs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 April 13 11:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry I've only just come across this. I have the Delo family tree going back 10 generations (1624). They were Hugenots & came from France to settle in Canterbury. They Moved because of religious persecution. The family tree is very large & complicated, but if you can tell me where you have got back to, I'll try & fill in some gaps.

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 April 13 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Shegs - lovely to hear from you.

I have got back as far as a Peter Delo who married Catharine Coller 11.01.1719 at Holy Cross Canterbury, has a son Peter b. 1719 Canterbury who married an Elisabeth, who then had a son called Peter b.1752 Canterbury and was married 09.11.1783 at St Alphage Canterbury to an Elisabeth Wellard, and died in Jan 1842 - assuming of course that is all correct.

Very interesting that the name is Huguenot, presumably they are mentioned in the chapel in the crypt of Canterbury Cathedral?

Look forward to hearing from you.
NANNY WITH ROSIE   :)
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline Shegs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 April 13 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I've checked on the family tree & found Peter Delo. He married Elizabeth Wood. Peters father Pierre De Lo (born June 1692, died Aug 1750) married Catherine Collen on as you say 1st Nov 1719. Pierre's father Jean De Lo (born in 1652 Balinghem, Pas De Calais, France, died Apr 1712) married Marie De Lannoy, these were the two who left France & settled in Canterbury. Jean's Father, also Jean De Lo (born 1624, died 1672) married Suzanne Dufour (born 1627, died 1671). They are both buried in France.
In future generations the name De Lo transformed itself into many variations, such as Delo, Deloo, Delloo, Dillow, Dellow, Deloe Etc. Some of them emigrated to America & there is a large family over there. Please ask if you want any more info.

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 April 13 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Shegs

Thank you for such a quick response - always so exciting when you can add to a tree.  Any excuse not to do the book work.   Thank you for your help.  Ask me any questions if you want, always delighted to help anyone's tree - that is if I can. 
NANNY WITH ROSIE  ;)
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 12:37 BST (UK) »
I have also just noticed this.

My wife is from the Eldridge side.

Frederick Delo married Eliza Lyon Eldridge, dau of Daniel and Sarah Seers, son of John and Sara Lyon.

David

Offline Shegs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 14:33 BST (UK) »
Interesting, which Frederick Delo is it? Born 1830 or 1868.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 15:58 BST (UK) »
I have Frederick Delo of 1868 married to Caroline Piper and Frederick, his father, of 1830 to Eliza Eldridge.

David

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:14 BST (UK) »
Afternoon folks

I have Frederick Delo b. 1830 m. Eliza Lyon Eldridge in 1851 5/123 2/4qtr he being the son of George Delo and Jane Pittock and she the dau of Daniel Eldridge b.1801 Chilham and she Sarah Lion b.1808 in Wormshill Sittingbourne.

Do I have the wrong information?  ???
NANNY WITH ROSIE

Lonsdales in Lancashire