Author Topic: Blue Boar Inn St Clears*COMPLETED*  (Read 8681 times)

Offline ivymary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Boar Inn St Clears*COMPLETED*
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 July 13 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am so glad you got back to me. Giving you some pics is the only reason I joined. I was friendly with the daughter of the family  who ran it back in the early 60's albeit we don't see each other now very often. I'll see if I can contact her and find out if she has any pictures.
If you send me your e-mail address I'll get what I've got out to you. The pub isn't there any more, it was demolished many years ago. Also, if you would like me to photograph any buildings or grave stones etc just let me know, I live about 30 miles away but I still visit a couple of times a month,
Ivy.

My e-mail is  ivy_mc@yahoo.com.

Offline angy65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 July 13 03:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ivymary and Joyan

I just got a message about your posts and was amazed to see it generating interest. The family name was Griffiths, and the earliest census I found is 1851 when John Griffiths was the Inn keeper, his son Henry then became the Inn keeper for many years and in 1911 Henry is listed in St Clears as retired postman. Last year I was fortunate enough to pay a visit to St Clears (unfortunately it was on a Saturday and a lot was closed) I would have loved to be able to go around the old church yard but it was all locked up, so will be planning my next visit from Australia with better timing. I was wondering if I would be able to get a picture of the Inn as well if that is possible, it would be fascinating to see what it actually looked like.
Angy

Offline ivymary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 July 13 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Angy
Many thanks for your reply, I am sorry that the church was all locked up. It used to be that the key was kept in the shop adjoining the churchyard but since that has closed I don't know where is it. Were you looking for any grave in particular. I could go and look and take a pic for you if you like.I only joined Rootschat because I saw Joyan's post about the Blue Boar. I live 30 miles from St Clears but I still visit some family there. I have no idea how to send a picture this way, so you'll have to be patient.
Bye for now,
IvyMary

Offline ivymary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 July 13 13:23 BST (UK) »
Here I am again.
I was reading through some of the articles that came up in Google, The Blue Boar Inn Island Place IS NOT the Blue Boar pub that used to stand on the square, In fact the aquare was called Blue Boar Square,
IvyMary

Offline ivymary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 August 13 17:25 BST (UK) »
Are you still interested in the Blue Boar?  If so please send your e-mail so that I can forward he picture