Author Topic: Wardley Street Wandsworth  (Read 66681 times)

Offline Dragoman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wardley Street Wandsworth
« Reply #36 on: Monday 11 June 12 16:22 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any photos's of the "Long", family, my Gt.Grandfather James Long living at 73 Wardley Street. I have one of his second Wife Rose Wright, and some of their children but ot one of him.

Maybe a neighbour prehaps might have had one as is often the case.

Many thanks in advance.

Faith

Hi Faith, we have exchaned emails before because I am looking for photos of Rebecca (Becky) and you kindly sent me a picture of Wardley Street. I will try to attach a picture of the street as it is now. I hope it works !
Etches, Plant, Nunn

Offline Mark1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 18 June 12 13:47 BST (UK) »
Wandsworth Heritage Services have loads of pics up on Flickr, may be one in there

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandsworthheritageservice/
Lavender - Ruislip Middlesex / Mitcham Surrey
Ad(d)away - Burnham Buckinghamshire / Mitcham Surrey
Abrehart/Abrahart - Edmonton Middlesex / Mitcham Surrey / Victoria Australia
Lindsell - Braintree Essex / Morpeth Durham / Islington london
Donohoe/Donohue & Roche - Graiguecullen, Queens/Carlow Ireland

Offline slaphead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 12 July 12 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Faith
I am a new member to this site but have been reading about Wardley street with interest.
I think we could be related.My name is Paul Terrington,I am 47 years old, My mother was Margaret Long who married and became a Terrington.Her father was Charlie Long mother Rose Long my nan and grandad.
I also remember Violet and Colin,they used to live on the Aboyne estate.Austin who we used to call uncle Austin I also remember. My dad knows alot about the old Wardley street as he grew up around it,he is 82 years old and knows the Penfolds,gumbles,Prices etc. His name is Brian Terrington. My Grandad Charlie Long used to build the horse carts for the totters to go out on their rounds on. He was a real craftsman and couldn't work to a drawing just done it by memory(so i have been told). As far as I was told his dad used to work at the candle factory and was known as waxy Long. My nan Rose Long used to work in the laundry and her and Charlie lived in Lydden Grove number 43 and the Hearns lived above.
My dad tells me he has some photos of his wedding and all the family are in it. I shall have to try and dig it out.
My dads dad my Grandad who i sadly never knew used to repair wireless radios and would often be seen in Wardley street his name was George Terrington.
My Dad still lives in Lydden Grove.

Thanks and hope this helps

Paul

Offline vickyhorner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 13 July 12 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,
I have just read your message to Faith and I noticed you Knew the prices. My Grandad was born in lydden Grove and his name was Arthur Price.He was from a very big family. Unfortunatley he is no longer with us. He would of been about 93 now.He married Becky Stewart (My Nan) and they had seven children.and moved to Henry Prince Estate.  If you or any of your family remember them, I would love to hear from you.
Many Thanks
Vicky

Offline slaphead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 14 July 12 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicky

Have spoken to my dad and he remembers Billy Price who was a greengrocer and we both knew Tommy Price,very fit man always out running despite his age. He had a daughter can't remember her name though. Also there was alot of Heaths living down that road and it was one of them where everyone knew each other.If i get anymore info i shall let you know.
Thanks

Paul

Offline vickyhorner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 16 July 12 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Thanks to you and your dad for the info. My Auntie should be visiting my Grandads sister Daisy  in the near future so Hopefuly I should find out a bit more about my family. Billy & Tommy were my
Grandads brothers, I can't remember all their names but I will find out more about my family and Lydden Grove. I just love hearing the old stories and what people used to get up to (not always good) but they looked after their own.

Thanks again Paul.

Offline greenturner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 29 July 12 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Faith,

Sorry for the delay in replying, have been sorting through some photograph's. The photo's relate to my family but also there are some of Rose Long and family.

I hope some of the photo's will be of help in your search, my grandson has made them available through this link: http://www.kilali.info/wardley_street.zip

This is a zip file with 12 photo's. Hope your grandad finds them useful.

Regards,

Phillip

Offline slaphead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip/Faith

Phillip thanks for the photos very good don't recognize many but I think Violet is in one of them.
Faith I understand you are in contact with my cousin Ann Marie Long. Bumped into her mum and dad (my uncle and aunt) the other day,and discussed the forum on here. The yard at the end of what was then Wardley street into Lydden Grove/Road was owned by Angelos. They were a big family can't quite remember their names though.
Thanks
Paul

Offline masonblake68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 16 September 12 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi all im having a real problem trying to peice together my family from wardley st THE KENTS and THE  MASONS my grannie was Queenie kent father GEORGE HENRY KENT he died in 1929 and i think her uncle brought her up can anyone help me please my grandad was Jack Mason
Thanks  ;)