Author Topic: Sarah Place  (Read 26578 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Place
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 January 15 22:34 GMT (UK) »
don't forget there may be more than one John BRADY in the RIC at about the same time

in case the Allen Tce/Dorset St family prove correct

John BRADY m Catherine DEVEREUX in 1878 Dublin

As per 1911 census they had 9 children
1 1879 Joseph James Longford
2 1881 Elizabeth Margaret Longford
3 1882 John Mathew
4 1884 Jane Catherine Carrick-on-shannon
5 1887 Peter (b. Co. Westmeath according to census but too many entries to match) baptism on rootsireland.ie
6 1888 Patrick (b. Co. Westmeath according to census but too many entries to match) baptism on rootsireland.ie
7 1893 James Henry b. 13.Sep.1893; bap. 20.Sep.1893; d. probable death 1898 with probable burial in Glasnevin Cemetery
8 ?
9 ?
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline hotlips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Aghadowey and My Luck, your information has been invaluable and has directed me to my grandparents. Now I must carry on to find  their burial place. I figure Glasnevin is the place so I will continue to search their records.

Offline Willie Baneham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 July 15 19:56 BST (UK) »
Had forgotten about the site, sorry. The lady I remember was Josie Eiffe (eef sounded like). I dont remember brady, but the name is baneham, and the house number 31. The census shows another family there way before us, and I belive we moved in there around 1950/51. I have confirmed also that the images on RTE are indeed of me and my Dad in his CIE uniform, and my sister.

I also saw in the Pearse Street library a map showing the location as a british army barracks and stables at one time, but nothing at all showing their conversion to tenement dwellings, who owned them, when they were condemned and demolished, etc. Strange. Its great to have the pics though.
I uploaded one image, I am the little kid facing to the right, my little sister behind me, and my dad looking at the camera, about 1954

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 July 16 16:23 BST (UK) »
what a find this website is my Nan was resident in Sarah Place in 1917
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 11 July 16 22:56 BST (UK) »
This from the Irish Independent newspaper of the 30th Dec 1916

“Brady-December 28 1916 at 3 Monck Place, Phibsboro: Catherine, relict of the late John Brady (ex R.I.C. Troop): deeply regretted by her sorrowing family. R.I.P. Funeral from Berkeley Street, R. C. Church after 10 o'clock Mass on to-morrow (Sunday). 31st inst., to Glasnevin.”

Offline Rayners

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 January 17 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have just come across this today by chance,and don't know if it is still current. My uncle,and then my father had the athletes rest pub in Sarah place. I have some great memories of my early childhood there,Mikey& Josie Eife, Joe & Mrs Curran who had the shop,also rolling the barrel of Guinness up the alley in the photo. We moved to Dundrum when Sarah place was knocked down,and I run the Dundrum house. I have a couple of photos of the athletes rest,which I think are from the forties but not sure.

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 03 February 17 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rayners,

My family the Daniels lived in Sarah Place for a long time don't know if you remember the name or not??

Hi, I have just come across this today by chance,and don't know if it is still current. My uncle,and then my father had the athletes rest pub in Sarah place. I have some great memories of my early childhood there,Mikey& Josie Eife, Joe & Mrs Curran who had the shop,also rolling the barrel of Guinness up the alley in the photo. We moved to Dundrum when Sarah place was knocked down,and I run the Dundrum house. I have a couple of photos of the athletes rest,which I think are from the forties but not sure.
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline Jenny Brady

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hot lips John Brady and Catherine Devereux are my family too. Where are you located?

Offline fabfamilyTree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 24 November 17 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi have just found this site, whilst searching for Sarah Place, fantastic to see pictures of how it used to be. I visited there this summer with my aunt, who remembered visiting
It is still called Sarah Place but different buildings
My gran, Christina Catherine Keogh (married name O'Grady)was born on 11 June 1903 at
25 Sarah Place, Island Bridge Dublin she had a few siblings including Mary Anne Keogh (married name O'Grady), her father was Michael, he was an army man, WW1 Her mother was Elizabeth.
I can't find any sign of them or Sarah Place on the 1911 Census
The Lee family also lived there, neighbours..possibly related