Author Topic: Sarah Place  (Read 26601 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Place
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 November 17 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Sarah Place 1911
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/New_Kilmainham/Sarah_Place/

Have you checked births of later siblings to see if the family moved, even for a while.

Oh and Welcome to RootsChat

Offline fabfamilyTree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 24 November 17 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I have searched several times, I'm pretty sure I've found the family living at Ushers Quay in 1901 census, which is before my gran was born. I have her birth certificate and it clearly states her birth and family address as Sarah Place and my aunt remembers visiting family there long after 1911 yet in the 1911 census I cannot find them.  It was great to find images of Sarah Place on the RTE archive site via this site Will be sharing with the family :-)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 November 17 13:56 GMT (UK) »
People moved around a lot, I see several birth for siblings at 25 Sarah Place but also this one in 1912
Catherine at 3 O'Neills Court
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01474/1600508.pdf
She looks like another sister does she fit with what you know of the family.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 24 November 17 14:04 GMT (UK) »

Offline fabfamilyTree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 24 November 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
oh wow!! The niece will be my aunts mum, Mary Anne! While we were visiting Sarah Place in the summer she told me a story that her mum, Mary Anne had a fall while she was staying there and the cut got gangrene... and when her dad found out he brought her back to live with them..I think the rest of family had moved by then to James St, which is where my mum was born, so I think the grandparents and newly weds possibly lived together. I am trying to piecen all the pictures I have together to make a family history book for Christmas. So am now looking for archive images to set the scene. Very time consuming :-) but very interesting
You are very good at this!!
So just in case..Keogh siblings were   b)1897 Eliza, b)1899 John b)1900-1993 Mary Anne b) 1903- 1974 Christina Catherine

Offline fabfamilyTree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 24 November 17 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, although I am now confused, because on that certificate it looks like the name of Mary Anne's  mother is called Esther or similar, but the mother of my gran, Christina Catherine is definitely called Elizabeth Keogh (nee Clarke (b 1871)..
Although the DOB for Mary Anne is 1899 and I have it as about 1900 so that fits. I wonder if Mary Anne's mother died and then he married a sister and had my gran.. I guess it's time to look up the Clarke family and see if they had two daughters... or is it possibly just an error ? For now I have to get on with my image search, but thank you so much for the finds you have sent me and for enabling me to access sites I had not found  :-)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 24 November 17 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I did notice the difference in the mother's name however John born 1900 Sarah Place also has the mother ad Esther
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1900/01986/1764918.pdf

She may have gone by both.

Elizabeth when she was getting married
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10472/5813602.pdf

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 24 November 17 15:46 GMT (UK) »
just tidying Sinann's work and added a bit more...

Michael KEOGH m Esther CLARKE m. Oct 3 1897 St. James LINK

on 1901 census LINK at house 19.3 in Sarah Place (New Kilmainham, Dublin) with children
Jun 04 1900 John LINK
Mar 23 1899 Mary Anne LINK

Then they had
Jun 11 1903 Christina Catherine LINK

Dec 07 1907 Christopher LINK
Possible death on Apr 16 1912 aged 5 LINK based on 1911 census find at same street

Michael and Esther/Elizabeth and their family on 1911 census LINK
at house 28.2 in Hanbury Lane (Usher's Quay, Dublin)
Mary Anne (110, John (10), Christina (9) and Christopher (4)
The family name is KEOUGH

and possibly then
Dec 22 1912 Catherine Christina LINK

You refer to a child named Eliza born in 1897 - I haven't located her and also note that the 1911 census refers to the couple having had four children of which all were alive
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline fabfamilyTree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 24 November 17 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Goodness! Thank you so much .. I now have the details of their wedding and the name of both of their fathers.. both John
Strange about the mother's name, but it does seem that it is the same person,  I think I have seen Eliza being used for the mother sometimes too.. but  it looks more like Esther.
For now though .. I can't thank you enough