Author Topic: Andrew Logan  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Logan
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 12:10 BST (UK) »
There is a public tree on Ancestry (Logan) which gives his parents as James Logan and Sarah Black.

His children are given as John 1853; Andrew (1856); Janet Nelson (1858); Ester (1859); David (1862)

Lots of information there.

Also a baptism record for him  - Larbert 19 October 1829

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline justlinley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 00:43 BST (UK) »
thanks for your help will look into everything suggested. It is a frustrating thing family history lol especially if you only have official documents which may or not be right lol i looked again at his death cert and it diffently says died at 77 years born  from a place called beansford married at about 19 years and had lived in australia for 54 years before he died in 1909. Maybe his wife still had a scottish accent and it sounded like beansford lol . I also have death cert for margaret who died 1912 at the age of 92  born Falkirk Scotland married at age 30 lived in australia for 57 years before death looks like she was a lot older then him. On son johns death certh he was born in scotland and if dates are correct he was born 1853  It is a scratch your head situatiion isnt it lol  Thanks again

Offline Ausden

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 July 18 11:20 BST (UK) »
Re Andrew Logan - thanks for the information about his parents, James Logan and Sarah Black. Does anyone have information about where James and Sarah lived? I have details about his descendants in Australia but no details of his parents until I found this post.

Andrew was born 19 Oct 1829 Falkirk, Stirlingshire and died 10 Apr 1909 Payneham, Adelaide, South Aust.
He married Margaret Brown on 16 May 1851 at Bothkennar, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Margaret, daughter of John Brown and Janet Neilson, was born 6 Feb 1820 Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland and died 17 Feb 1912, Stepney, Adelaide, South Aust.
They immigrated to Adelaide with their eldest son, John Logan b c1853 Scotland, arriving at Port Adelaide in 1854.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 09:26 BST (UK) »
beansford or bainsford scotland
Bainsford is in the parish of Falkirk - see http://www.geograph.org.uk/gridref/NS8881

The parish of Bothkennar is next to the parish of Falkirk.

Blanefield is an entirely different place http://www.geograph.org.uk/gridref/NS5579 in the parish of Strathblane.

Milngavie is in the part of the parish of New Kilpatrick that is in Stirlingshire (most of New Kilpatrick is in Dunbartonshire). It is next door to Strathblane.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.