Author Topic: Myrnie Ann CAREWICKHAM  (Read 9723 times)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Myrnie Ann CAREWICKHAM
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:07 BST (UK) »

Hi, I am back again to see if anyone can find a birth certificate for Bertha Maria/Marie Hansen. There was a reference made inn the thread to a Bertha being born to Han and Margaret. I searched along these lines but today I discovered that the Bertha referred to was born in 1871 and died in 1876 so this is not her.

EDITED: I think this is the death you are referring to:

HANSEN Berlia Maria (born STEI) age 5yrs d. 1876 #13356
Father: Hans
Mother: Margaret COADEY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Shasea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:13 BST (UK) »
I am not sure what I am allowed to refer to on here. It was a site where they were buried in Victoria old gold mining town, her brother John and sister Catherine were also buried there with parents as Hans and Margaret.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
If you think you can't post it on the board you can PM me the information & I can check it for you.

Then I can either reply via PM &/or post it here for the other chatters to read  :)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:36 BST (UK) »
I have edited my post above, is that the death you are referring too?

Offline Shasea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:43 BST (UK) »
Yes that is it but I have Margaret listed as Coodey on it not Coady. I sent you a pm.  :)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 12:41 BST (UK) »
Okay, with information from Shasea, I have confirmed that the birth in reply #19 matches the death in reply #36 along with the burial here
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0de8/ for Bertha/Berlia Maria HANSEN.

So we are again looking for the birth of Bertha HANSEN (b. Serpentine) who married James CARIWICKHAM in 1904 #3582 as per reply #15.

Shasea, did you purchase the marriage certificate for them?

It will show their year & place of birth along with their parents names.

Offline Shasea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 20:23 BST (UK) »
great to clear that up Merlin thank you  :). I haven't got the marriage cert for them. On Bertha's death cert it lists mother: Bertha Unknown. I am out all day today but will purchase it on Friday and hope it will reveal something to get us back on track.

Oh there are a few weird things on the death cert such as children listed for the marriage to James are Mary 36 years, Alfred 32 years and Edward 29 years. Also husband 1 is James Guigan not Carewickham but I can't find Guigan anywhere. sparrat was kind enough to find Edward under Edward Sowden and as mentioned could have been adopted by Mark cause dates are a bit funny as to her having him, being with James him dying etc. No Kids to Bertha and Mark listed on the death cert.
I believe Bertha to be born about 1877+\- 1 year cause she was 21 when Mary Ann/ Myrnie Ann was born according to that birth cert. That would also correspond to Bertha being 66 when she died.

Offline Shasea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 09:58 BST (UK) »
Got the marriage cert for Bertha and James tonight.  Bertha's mother is listed as what looks like Annie Dwyer and father listed as Christen Hansen. I am guessing these are right more so than her Death cert saying father John and Mother Bertha.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 10:44 BST (UK) »
This would be their Marriage:

HANSEN Christian (born DENMARK) married DWYER Alice (born TIPPERARY) 1875 #2044

Alice DWYER appears named as Annie on some of the childrens birth reg's.

Did it state how old the Bertha & James were & their places of birth & residence?