Author Topic: John Berchmans LYNCH  (Read 4868 times)

Offline grumblesa23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Berchmans LYNCH
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 November 11 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glen,
Have been doing plenty of research in Australia about the family and have fooound that john B Lynch seems to have been born in Ireland and father is Mark Lynch. Not sure how to progress from here, hoping you may be able to help. Thanks Julianne

Offline Ladybird65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 April 16 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi my grandfather was John berchmans lynch his daughter was Maureen Mary Lynch born Bristol 1930 died 2003 ,I think it's the same one ?

Offline Ladybird65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 April 16 21:21 BST (UK) »
He was married to Gertrude Charlotte Steadman born 4 Feb 1900 in Warminster.

Offline grumblesa23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 03:19 BST (UK) »
He was married to Gertrude Charlotte Steadman born 4 Feb 1900 in Warminster.

Hi
Thanks for the reply, this is wonderful to hear from you. Yes this is the same John Berchmans Lynch who is my great grandfather. My grandmother was his eldest daughter (of 3) from his marriage in Australia. His wife and youngest daughter had died before he enlisted in ww1. Until a few years ago we had no idea what had happened to him as my father had never heard anything. My sister and I decided to look into our family tree and find out what we could. I hope we can keep in touch now and help each other with information.
Cheers Julianne

Offline Ladybird65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 August 17 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Julianne,
I hope you are well sorry it's been so long I've been trying to trace the family back to Ireland but having no luck .I do know that James Joseph Lynch was born in Dublin in around 1836 and married Emily Edith Harrison on 22 July 1872 in Mount Gambier South Australia,they had John Berchmans Lynch on 10 November 1883 in Moorak Australia ,I hope that helps .
   Heather

Offline grumblesa23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 25 August 17 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Julianne,
I hope you are well sorry it's been so long I've been trying to trace the family back to Ireland but having no luck .I do know that James Joseph Lynch was born in Dublin in around 1836 and married Emily Edith Harrison on 22 July 1872 in Mount Gambier South Australia,they had John Berchmans Lynch on 10 November 1883 in Moorak Australia ,I hope that helps .
   Heather
Hi Heather,
I am well and have been rather busy at too many things lately so I haven't even been on the computer of late either. Thanks for the info about where James Joseph Lynch was born, I have been trying to find this out for some time. Do you know his parents names? and also when he came to Australia? Did he come on his own or with his family, brothers or sisters maybe. There seems to be a possible link in Mt Gambier as there are still families by the name of Lynch in the area. I found some information one day that said James Joseph Lynch was a Shoemaker. There was still a Lynch shoe store in Mt Gambier until very recently so I am wondering if he did have other family come to Australia as well because he didn't stay in the Mt Gambier area for the births of all his children. He had moved to Adelaide by the time the last few were born, and lived there until his death.
So my thoughts are that maybe other family members such as brothers cam to australia too and they were involved in shoemaking as well. I have yet to make contact with the Lynch families in Mt Gambier to establish a possible link, but it is certainly a possible trail to follow.
If you are able to find out if he had any siblings and where they lived that would help our research greatly.
Thanking you again for the info and making contact with me again.
Julianne

Offline Ladybird65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 25 August 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Julianne
It's good to hear from you I'm afraid my information is limited I'm not sure when he came over but I'm sure it was on one of the ships from Ireland he would probably be listed ,all I have for his parents is his fathers name Mark Lynch he was born about 1813 in Ireland ,on his marrage certificate his name was James which was a common practice in these days ,there are two ships that carried a Mark Lynch to Australia one in 1840 and the other in 1847 I think 1847 would be about right and the link with Mount Gambier is the wedding ,hope this helps and you have some luck
       Heather