Author Topic: Mattinsons of Crosby Ravensworth and Dufton  (Read 8549 times)

Offline Helene hanff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mattinsons of Crosby Ravensworth and Dufton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 17:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for all that great info. If only we could go back in time it would be great to fill in the gaps. Is Whitbar a village or area within Crosby Ravensworth?

Fancy moving from sleepy CR to Ohio in the 1830's not I.

Thanks for the help
regards
Helene

Offline Gigi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 May 11 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

Whitbar is a farm in the village of Maulds Meaburn. MM is in the parish of Crosby Ravensworth. All baptisms, marriages & burials for MM are at St Lawrence's church in CR.

Gillian
Elwood/Ellwood: WES & CUM
Johnson: Crosby Ravensworth, Hilton & Dufton WES
Robinson: CUM
Langhorn: Kirkby Thore WES
Dover: WES & CUM
Parker: Soulby, Bedale
Hunt: Gentleshaw, Bladon, Hanborough
Slynn: Birmingham
Rammell: KENT
Felton: Shropshire

Offline Helene hanff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 May 11 17:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that
Helene

Offline roymont

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 June 11 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Helene,

I've read your postings with a lot of interest. I've also had contact with David Mattinson in the U.S.A. who mentioned you in one of his emails, hence me looking on this site.

My interest in the Mattinson Family is through the Taylor Family. Luke Taylor (b.1785) I believe in Asby Westmorland and Ruth Mattinson (b.1784) in Westmorland. They married in Crosby Ravensworth Westmorland on 16/1/1809. Luke and Ruth are my 3 x grandparents.

I have a bit  to catch up with and digest with ref to your comments and the replies, I've just joined Roots so I'm still feeling my my around the site. I'll have a read of the information and post anything I have which may be of interest,

Regards

Roy.

Offline Helene hanff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 June 11 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy
Ruth is my 4*gt gd aunt Yes that will be great and if I can help let me know.
regards
Helene

Offline GailMAZUR

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Helene,
I am a 6th generation descendant of Henry Wilkinson and Elizabeth Mattinson Elwood. Henry and Elizabeth had 6 children, 4 of which went with them to America. Henry the oldest had already gone ahead to America and Margaret stayed in England. I'm a descendant of their 5th child, Elizabeth. My notes say that no one seems to know why they went to America. I can tell you Henry and Elizabeth arrived in Ashtabula Ohio on July 15, 1834. My father, Paul Robert Rennick, was born in Ashtabula in 1912. So was his father Lewis Gideon Rennick and his grandfather, Robert Rueben Rennick and his great grandfather, Gideon Noble Lewis. Gideon Nobel Lewis is the 3rd child of Elizabeth Wilkinson (5th child of Henry and Elizabeth) and John Whitfield Allcock. All I can remember from my fathers stories is that his uncle, John Truman Rennick, was the butcher in Ashtabula. He owned Rennick Meat Market. I believe it is still there today, but is no longer a butcher, instead a restaurant by the same name. Sorry, that doesn't get you any closer to know why they left England for America.