test

Author Topic: Electoral Rolls for 1992 to 2000  (Read 1401 times)

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Electoral Rolls for 1992 to 2000
« on: Friday 29 April 11 16:57 BST (UK) »
My mother (who has now passed away), was at an address in Newhaven, East Sussex I believe between the years 1992 and 2000.  I was adopted at birth and am trying to trace her life.  I have some photos of her in Newhaven and at a pub in Newhaven but do not know the name of the pub.  Mum had a book published and the book states she was at 3 First Avenue, Newhaven, East Sussex.  The first edition was published in 1993 in Newhaven.  I understood my Mum to have lived most of her life in London.  If she'd had the book published in Newhaven and didn't actually live at this address then I would have thought she would have given a London address.  Sorry if I am making this post confusing.

Does anyone have any means of checking an address by the address and not a name.  I understand Mum was with a gentleman friend during these years by the name of Keith but unfortunately I do not have a surname for him.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Rolls for 1992 to 2000
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathryn

Please post your mothers name here or send it to me on a pm.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
My mother's name was Margaret Mary Cooper nee Rabette.  She was with a gentleman friend by the name of Keith but I do not have his surname.  I have photos which I would like to attach to this post but I tried to attach when I first posted this topic and couldn't attach them.  Anyone any ideas please?

Kind regards

Kathryn

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathryn

You can't attach photos to some of the forum boards especially the look-up request ones.

I have access to the ER online from 1996 to date but there's no-one of either name there 1996-2000.

Electoral registers before that date are held locally subject to data-protection and privacy laws so unless you visit in person, they won't tell you over the phone or by email or the British Library but I most probably won't be back there for a while.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that, perhaps they rented it from someone as a kinda holiday let, she was definitely there as I have the book which gives her name and the address in First Avenue.  Strange one this.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 April 11 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi all, mystery solved.  I went to Brighton today to visit my father's grave and then on the way back I stopped off at Newhaven.  Checked out the address, 3 First Avenue, up for sale.  Knocked on the doors either side of the property and at number 1 a couple invited me in, they had owned the property back in the 90's and had rented it out to my mother and her gentleman friend Keith.  I now know his surname was Leverton. They last rented it in 1999.  The property has since been sold.  I was able to find out more information about my mother and Keith which was brilliant.  I went armed with some photos I had and the book Mum had written, which the couple Mr and Mrs Miles knew about obviously as the address given in the book was 3 First Avenue.  How good is that? 

Thanks for your help in this.

Kind regards

Kathryn