Author Topic: McParland/Hollowood 1861  (Read 11643 times)

Offline kerleykins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOLLYWOOD McPARLAND Carrive Mullaghbawn Mullabane Forkhill Armagh
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 July 12 14:07 BST (UK) »

This is in reply to CEM1980 re HOLLYWOOD O'NEIL McPARLAND.

You have that Mary HOLLYWOOD's father, James O'Neil was deceased by 1876.

At the first marriage, also at Mullaghbawn, of another daughter, Bridget to HENRY , in November 1871 he was alive

I believe it is his death, Newry registration, aged 53 in 1872.

I also think he is the James HOLLYWOOD in Household 3 at Carrive/Cariff, Forkhill, Armagh, aged 3.

This date/age fits in with the death aged 53 in 1872.

Household 3 in 1821 at Carrive consisted of:

Felix HOLLWOOD, aged 36, Farmer.
Margaret, wife, aged 30
and 5 children:
Mary aged 10
John aged 8
Peter aged 8 (twins?)
James aged 3 (above)
and
Patrick aged 1.

With Patrick being so young at this Census, there were probably more children born to Felix and Margaret.

James HOLLYWOOD (above) who married Mary O'NEIL are the parents of my g g grandmother, Catherine HOLLYWOOD.
I have also researched Bridget HOLLYWOOD, Catherine's sister.

I would love contact with any other descendants of Felix HOLLYWOOD and Margaret, his wife, parents of Mary HOLLYWOOD born c. 1811;  John HOLLYWOOD born c. 1813;  Peter HOLLYWOOD born c. 1813; my ancestor James HOLLYWOOD who married Mary O'NEIL, born c. 1817 and Patrick HOLLYWOOD born c. 1820.

Thank you.

Di R.

Through Scottish death records I have managed to discover that Mary Hollowood's parents are James Hollowood (farmer - listed as deceased in 1876) and Mary Hollowood nee O'Neil - Mary Hollowood was listed as a witness at the marriage of her daughter also Mary. I wonder if anyone has any information regarding this family in the area of Forkhill which presumably would have been her Parish?
In 1861 James McParland/McFarlane and Mary nee Hollowood/Hollywood did move to Scotland, originally Coatbridge Glasgow and then Dalry Ayrshire where they had several children;
Francis 1862
Mary Anne 1864
Bridget 1866
James 1868
Patrick 1872
Sarah 1874
All were Baptised in the Catholic Church and interestingly one of Patrick's 'sponsors' was a Patrick Hollowood who I am guessing could perhaps be a cousin or brother of Mary.
Mary Mcparland nee Hollowood dies in 1876 and after this I lose all trace of them in Scotland - no marriages that fit no deaths and no census records where more than one of these names appear together. I also can't find any trace of them on Australian or American records so I feel that perhaps James McParland/McFarlane took the family 'home' after the death of his wife?
If this seems to fit with anyone else I would be very interested to hear from you.

Offline fergup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McParland/Hollowood 1861
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 19:20 BST (UK) »
James McFarlane appears to have married a Mary Cronin in Paisley, they have more children being born in Maryhill, Glasgow. He dies in 1899 informant being Francis living in Coatbridge. Francis marries a Rose Anne cairns and eventually settles his family In Bannockburn. I hope this gives you an avenue to search. I have some records but short of bankruptcy and divorce I can't look any further at the moment. lol

Offline JamesCeltic1888

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: McParland/Hollowood 1861
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 August 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hey everyone! Hopefully you will get to see this message?

I'm the great,great,great,great grandson of James McFarlane, and if you need any information on that part of the family tree then I'm your man.

Cheers

James