Author Topic: catherine mary williams  (Read 4940 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
catherine mary williams
« on: Sunday 01 May 11 20:41 BST (UK) »
I have her marriage cert to morris edwards, on it it states that her address is ty mawr, llanuwchllyn, whilst morris' address is plasyncynllwyd, llanuwchlyn.  are these places still in existence? trying to find out where catherine was living and working prior to her marriage.

she was born in 1876 in bryncroes, can find her on the 1881 census and again on 1901 (being married) but can't find her on 1891.

tx
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: catherine mary williams
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 May 11 10:09 BST (UK) »
I can't find Plasyncynllwyd. It may have been in Cwm Cynllwyd and changed its name.

There is a Ty Mawr in Cwm Cynllwyd. See - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/402869

However, there are two others

If you use Google maps and enter - Ty Mawr, Llanuwchllyn, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7UE
It takes you to the location and, if you click on the description on the left-hand side, it takes you to the street .

Also - Ty Mawr, Penantlliw, Llanuwchllyn, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7TB
This seems to take you to the wrong house. Ty Mawr is the next one to the east, approx 400 yards away. If you use street view, there is a for sale sign and you can just read the name on the red board below the sign.

If Catherine is at the address on any of the censuses, it might help to know which one it is.

Regards,
David

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 May 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi David

tx for that

i am hoping to go to llanuwchllyn soon so will have a look at that
steph
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline Welshreferee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 July 19 16:26 BST (UK) »
  Hi I to have Catherine Mary William's marriage certificate..she married  my taid..Morris Edward's.. they went to live in a cottage  by alwen reservoir..that's were my tad was born...I have not found the cottage yet but still looking