Author Topic: William BARTON, Albion Farm, Woodville, NSW  (Read 12373 times)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Barton, Albion Farm, Woodville, NSW
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 03:41 BST (UK) »
I think Kiwicol's interest in William of the John stems from the Paterson's River connection, whereas the William on the Barossa was in Goulburn.  His wife's death notice http://www.rootschat.com/links/0d1r/

Debra  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 03:55 BST (UK) »
Agh thanks Debra

NSW Electoral Roll 1879 (oops sorry typo it should read 1870) for MORPETH
All surnamed BARTON

Henry, freeholder, Swan St Morpeth
William, freeholder, Albion Farm, Albion Estate
Thomas, resident, Albion Farm, Albion Estate

NSW Electoral Roll 1878 for MORPETH

All surnamed BARTON

Samuel, householder, at Albion Farm, Albion Estate
William, freeholder, at Albion Farm, Albion Estate
Joseph, residence, Patterson Road, Butterwick

Suggestion .... There should be information about the parents on NSW Birth Certs .... perhaps Samuel Barton was a son of William, and perhaps Samuel was born after civil registrations commenced in NSW.   Perhaps a transcript of the following civil registration would give William's details

Ref 6840 of 1856
Samuel Barton, son of William and Anne, registered at Paterson.

Fingers crossed

Cheers,  JM

Sorry for typo, was trying to show that Samuel was NOT listed in 1870, thus was not yet 21 !
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 05:08 BST (UK) »
On the NSW BDM online INDEX
William Barton, aged 69 years, died Woodville, registered in 1879 at Morpeth ref 6963.

From newspapers
DEATH.   December 28th,at his late residence, Albion Farm, Woodville,William Barton, aged 69 years
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/18944521
Saturday 31 January 1880  Maitland Mercury

If you are looking for info about Albion Farm, trove is also a treasure trove, interesting articles in the Maitland newspaper.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 05:30 BST (UK) »
From NSW BDM online

William Barton in 1855 married Ann Tucker (also shown as Taylor, but Debra at reply #9 gives the link to confirm it was Tucker).  It was a Presbyterian service, in the Newcastle District. 

The NSW BDM online index shows this as V1855, at line 532 of Vol 82.  I would NOT anticipate that m.c. would have any detail about the parents of either William or Ann, as this index is before civil registrations commenced, and decades before the start of reconciling parish records of marriages with NSW BDM civil administration.  The process has not ever been completed, many of the 19thC marriage records held by NSW BDM are still not showing details that were obtained by the clergy when conducting the marriage services.  Of course, the clery’s own parish register should contain that vital family history information.  It is finding which register it was, and where that register is currently archived that can be a confronting dilemma. 

Fingers crossed that the civil registration for Samuel’s birth will have the clues!

Cheers,  JM

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 May 11 09:39 BST (UK) »
Just sent for the birth certs of children i didnt have, Thomas was my ancestor son of William, Samuel was the informant from memory, who did not name his father's parents on the death certificate.
Re this family Ann Tucker's first husband died about 1847, but William Barton and Ann had children from 1848, married in 1855, I have a note he died James Taylor died November 1847 re probate?
Trove had a beaut account of run in between Thomas Barton and Reuben Trantor, Reuben was brother to Thomas's wife's father, and also Reuben was married to Thomas's mother's sister.

Offline peakinatthepast

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William BARTON, Albion Farm, Woodville, NSW
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 31 December 11 05:52 GMT (UK) »
Please note that William Barton who married Anne Tucker whose parents owned Albion Farm arrived in Australia on board "Warrior" in 1933. Anything else you'd like to know about him or the Tuckers just ask 

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 January 12 00:26 GMT (UK) »
would be amazed for the info you have re him arriving on the Warrior in 1833 and other information, have had illness in family and not had time to pursue things

Offline peakinatthepast

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 29 January 12 12:47 GMT (UK) »
this document is one of many I have on William Barton on land he purchased and as can be seen on the bottom of page he came to Australia as a free man on board the "Warrior" in July 1833

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 01:24 GMT (UK) »
cool find i didnt realise our william had so much land, any for his properties in the hunter valley?