Author Topic: BYRNELL Kate  (Read 12535 times)

Offline janpan

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
BYRNELL Kate
« on: Saturday 12 June 04 08:29 BST (UK) »
my great great gramdmother was Kate (Catherine)  BYRNELL   born about 1828 lived in Trim. Married William Priestley (from Fermanagh ) and came to Australia in 1963 on the ss Great Britain with 4 children.   The name ORMSBY may have been her mothers name (not sure )   I would love to hear of anything about her or her descendants.  thank you,  Jandy from Australia :)
Jandy Pannell  Australia   Searching for Priestley ( fermanagh, Ireland )  & Byrnell (Trim, Ireland )  came to Australia 1863  on ss Britain  looking for their ancestors

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: BYRNELL Kate
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 January 05 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi janpan

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 April 05 02:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Janpan,

You might make more progress with your search by looking for Burnell rather than the way you show the name in the subject heading. http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlkik/ihm/irename2.htm -

It looks as though Catherine married William sometime in the 1850s.

Was Catherine born in Trim and lived there as a child or is that where she and William lived and reared their children before they emigrated ?

I'm confused. You are asking for information about Catherine's descendants. Do you not mean ancestors ? Are you not looking for information about Catherine's parents in Ireland ?

Do you know which branch of the Christian faith Catherine and William folllowed in Australia ?  This might help to find the Irish connection.

Offline jspielma

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janpan,

I have Catherine Ormsby Byrnell marrying William Prestley in Trim in 1851. The family emigrated to Australia aboard the "Great Britain" in 1863, settling initially in Belfast (now known as Port Fairy), and later in Melbourne.

Catherine's parents were William Byrnell and Letitia Walker (1798 - 1869). You can find all this, plus their descendants, on Ancestry.com.

JS

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat but this is an old post from 2004 and janpan hasn't been online since 2007 so they might not respond to your post.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jspielma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks - no problem. Someone may find it useful sometime-

JS

Offline kayakbr

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi JS,

Someone like me maybe!  I hope to find it useful.  I have a Margaret Byrnell born in King's Co 1841, but married Benjamin Reynett in Trim in 1858.  Father William Byrnell was a builder.  I have no information on the mother, but Margarets first born in Olivia Letitia Reynett.  Does Ancestry.com show Margaret as a daughter of William Byrnell and Letitia Walker?   

Thanks,

BL

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 19:13 GMT (UK) »
I think the reference to Ancestry is one on the public trees, rather than a primary record. The details entered on these trees is often un-sourced and may need to be verified

I believe you may be able to access details of these public trees using a website named Mundia - see : this link

Here's a link to an extract of the marriage record for Benjamin and Margaret - her father's name is William. Irish civil marriages dont include mother's name.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGC1-CW7

There are births of various children to Benjamin and Margaret from the start of civil birth records in 1864 up to about 1878 in the extract record collection on FamilySearch. See

Reynett / Byrnell births

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline kayakbr

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 March 12 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the information.  Yes, I have information on Margaret and Benjamin Reynett and have a copy of the marriage cert.  I was trying to find the mother's name and the mention of William Byrnell led me here.  Appreciate your info.  Elizabeth Reynett is my GGrandmother.  I'll chase these down some more!

Attached a picture of Margaret too.

Thanks,

BL