Author Topic: murdered on Man ?  (Read 14602 times)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Re: murdered on Man ?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 March 16 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Helen,

Peter Mauleverer Crawford Lindesay; b. in Harpenden 16 Jan. 1905; d. circa July 1971 (death registered in Croydon; he lived in South Norwood).
Civil engineer with Greater London Council.
m. (in Croydon?) 25 July 1928 Hazel Gwendoline, violinist, dau. of Maj. George Waters Gilbertson of the Indian Army and his wife née Price.  She was b. at Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, 24 Dec. 1899; d. Aug. 1996 (death also registered in Croydon).

What can you add to that?
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline helenparker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 March 16 17:38 GMT (UK) »
wow, that was quick - thank you!

Hazel was one of five children born in India of the aforementioned Major George Waters Gilbertson and his wife Ada. One of Hazel's sisters, possibly her twin, was Doreen Florence who married one of my great-uncles, Arthur Israel, in Croydon registry office on Feb 13 1922. (told you it was two removes...) Hazel was a witness at that wedding, I have the certificate.

Arthur emigrated to Canada in 1924, Doreen and their daughter followed soon after and they lived out their lives there. My mother is first cousin to the daughter, they are the only two descendants of this Israel family. There wasn't much contact, they weren't the letter-writing types!

I believe that Hazel and Peter had a son, Patrick b 1930 who may still be alive.  Hazel had a brother, George Clyne Gilbertson, and the youngest sister was named Adrienne Blessing. She married four times.

the interest is in pictures and memories of my direct connections, especially of course Doreen and her sisters. If that isn't a legit use of the forum my apologies, and I appreciate that it may be too remotely connected for your research - but thank you again!

Offline Emmylou71

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 March 21 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi my husband is Adrienne blessings grandson, his mother was Antoinette, I may be able to help with some photos