Author Topic: Seeking info on William Robertson, husband's great uncle  (Read 5299 times)

Offline gizzysmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking info on William Robertson, husband's great uncle
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 September 12 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Sorry, I have just realised that I can't send you a PM until you make at least aother two posts.

I can tell you that your grandfather, John, was my mother in law's brother, so I would be able to pass on a great deal of information.  Have you seen a photo of William or Jane?  I can also email or PM those to you. 

Hope to be in touch with you soon!

Mary
Stevenson-Banffshire, Australia
McKimmie-Fordyce, Banffshire, Ross and Cromarty
Napier-Old Deer
Lawson-Aberdeen
Gauld-Glass, By Huntly
Benzies-Insch, Aberdeenshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline 3407johns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 September 12 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Can i take an educated guess that your mother in law was known as Nan?

I have never seen a photo of them no, i do have a couple of John though. I think your husband and my grandmother Marion were cousins.

would love to know more.

John

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline 3407johns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 September 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
P.S thank you, this is the furthest ive ever went to finding out about my family.

Offline Teddyted

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Gordon and John

Just came across the correspondence you both had in 2011  and 2012 with Mary regarding William Stevenson and Jane Robertson.  I am the Great Grand-daughter of William and Jane.  My mother was Marjory, daughter of Ann.  I don't know if you are both still on this forum, if you are I would be delighted to hear from you as this side of the family is a bit of a mystery to us. 

Mary is my auntie, however, due to ill health I am assuming she is no longer using the forum.  Sadly none of the information she gathered was shared with us.  My mum, Marjory, passed away in 2013 and sadly didn't really discuss the family background with me and siblings.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jackie